Heatwave set to continue

I can remember being in Blackpool, only 5 years old and the millions of ladybirds literally covered the pavements and roads.

That and it was fucking roasting.

Haha. I was six. Remember getting the Finglands coach to Blackpool for the week. We couldn't get to the sea to paddle without crunching through thousands of ladybirds on the beach.

My sweat smells of roses so I just feel really good for those around me.

I’ve travelled a fair bit and I don’t really agree that England is better than any other Country in the world. It’s green, but so are plenty of other countries.

Its very subjective and very personal to the individual.

I do know what GDM is saying though and I agree with him. Not just the weather or the greenery but the familiarity, sense of belonging and enjoying the quirks and idiosyncrasies you grow up with.

I’ve travelled a fair bit and I don’t really agree that England is better than any other Country in the world. It’s green, but so are plenty of other countries.
I’ve travelled extensively too and my point remains. For me, England’s appeal extends well beyond its narrow ‘greenness’, so subjectively speaking, that point carries little or no force.

Hottest summer I can ever recall, much better than it pissing down, like an earlier poster says; at least you can put your feet up and have a beer.

That said, I wouldn't mind just one day of rain, or maybe slightly cooler nights so I can get to sleep.

I’ve travelled extensively too and my point remains. For me, England’s appeal extends well beyond its narrow ‘greenness’, so subjectively speaking, that point carries little or no force.

What do you like about it so much GDM?

I went to the New Forest Widlife Park today. Lovely drive through the New Forest, wild horses everywhere. Nice traditional pub lunch named after a regular from the pub who past away, lovely touch. Friendly, decent people wherever I turned. Cannot be beaten for me.

Gotta laugh at the water companies asking people to use less water when they are losing millions of gallons a day due to leaks they haven't fixed.

Just bought a chest freezer for my garage, just for storing ice cream, ice lollies and freeze pops. I don't handle heat well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.