Carrying cash.

I wasn't being serious about being under the radar
Credit cards are brilliant when used correctly, but I understand what you mean about falling into personal debt easily
I've never used a card for a purchase I can't clear at the end of the
I also understand what you're saying about personal data, but we're being tracked on everything nowadays, credit cards, supermarket loyalty cards, phone sim cards, internet browsing
Don't use loyalty cards, have GPS on my phone turned off and will only use a proxy browser or onion browser from the home IP. Avoid tracking wherever possible. Think about what the tracking data on your Tesco clubcard would be worth to a burglar?

As mentioned, cash not clean/hygienic, but I always try to use it rather than cards just to go against the establishment, and to leave less of a trail where I've spent money.

I get paid to use my visa card so I use it for just about everything. I get charged to use my bank debit card so I use it for nothing.
Now that I can deposit my cheque with my phone I don't have to go near the bank machine other than to take out $100.00 each month.

A mix of both, anything under a tenner i often pay in cash and you get the odd dick in a taxi or shop who wont budge or add a fee. I do see your point though, i worked for a big four accounting firm and spent £80k on expenses in 2 years. I ditched their corporate green AMEX for a gold one. £80k = 80k points which is a cash equivalent (via amazon) to about £400. Very shit when you think £1 spent is 0.005p. I therefore spent most of it on a new 4k flat screen in time for the world cup. I do have about 30k point left in the AVIOS account which i cant move out after moving in one day but looking for a trip to Asia at some point. An advise on buying air miles as any time i dig around i feel that most flights are better value just purchasing clean than spending with cash+points?

I have left that firm now and will ditch the AMEX and its now £110 odd a year for membership. I would use it the odd time to make expensive purchase like furniture.

Which credit card do you use as im looking to change before september.
Im in Oz mate , I use an earth Black Mastercard

Besides all the free flights I get free travel insurance on every holiday (saves a grand or two as I have a lot of holidays)

Also if I buy anything like a TV or Fridge using the card they will double the warranty of that item, can be anything, even a pair of Jeans.

It costs me an annual fee but never paid a penny interest as I pay it off in full every month. For 2 years now Ive forgot what cash looks like.

Is the correct answer. They will devote lots of pressure to get shops and tradesmen NOT to take cash for fear of increased tax evasion. Of course they could go after the bigger fish for larger sums but they would much prefer your local mechanic or plumber not to take cash as they may - just may - avoid a couple of quid tax. Sir Philip Green (he remains a Knight of the Realm) can stick whole companies in his wifes name for tax purposes with no action taken but heaven forbid if that mechanic blows thru a fuel pipe and gets a blockage out so your car runs ok and says " Just gimme £20 mate" because he could be dodging his own Tax and NI contribs on that and if he is VAT reg 20% should go to the vat man. Cash will always be used as long as it remains in circulation in my view. Suits a lot of people.

Agreed.
I like paypal gift.

I don’t like where we’re heading, the world will literally be one big prison. Funny thing is “conspiracy theorists” have been saying for decades that the ruling elite are pushing us towards a cashless society and now you can see it unfold. Slaves to the system.

Cash is so last year , so mrs jazzy tells me and lets me have fuck all

I work in the service industry, doing jobs from £25 to say £200.
5 years ago the methods of payments were, off the top of my head:
60% cash
30% cheques
10% BACS

now its probably:
65% BACS
30% cash
5% cheques.

BACS is my prefered method of receiving payment and its growing year on year. As my older customers die off (sorry sounds awful that) cheques will definitly die off too and the cash will reduce too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.