World Cup 2018 | 7th July | QF: Sweden vs England Match Thread, KO 15:00 (BST)

Kane is looking the real deal. Fair fucks to him as was convinced he was a one season wonder. Be a mirical if they manage to keep him, new contract or not.

As for WC. A prediction. England v Brazil final. The misfiring Sterling and Jesus suddenly find their scoring boots. Who wins?!

As much as I want to believe we can do this I just don't see it.

W have played 4 games so far, barely got past Tunisia, Lost to a weak Belgium side although we also rested plenty of players and struggled against a poor Colombia side.
The only time we looked good was against a country more famous for it's canal than it's football.

I would be surprised if we get past Sweden but if we meet Brazil, Belgium or France we are going out.

I wouldn't back us against Russia to be truthful

My concern is England don't create enough clear cut chances in open play. Both goals against Tunisia were from set pieces, even against Panama, 4 of the 6, were from two set pieces and two penalties. Of course it all counts, and credit to Southgate for really working on that area, but Sweden are much more disciplined defensively then Tunisia, Panama and Colombia, the latter two giving away needless penalties from holding, and Tunisia being lucky to get away with it. This is a team that kept two clean sheets against Italy, and clinically beat a very good Mexico team 3-0. They're a tall side, and good at defending crosses, so there needs to be much more from the likes of Alli and Lingard, to find that killer pass or run from midfield which could be the key to beating Sweden.

As much as I want to believe we can do this I just don't see it.

W have played 4 games so far, barely got past Tunisia, Lost to a weak Belgium side although we also rested plenty of players and struggled against a poor Colombia side.
The only time we looked good was against a country more famous for it's canal than it's football.

I would be surprised if we get past Sweden but if we meet Brazil, Belgium or France we are going out.

I wouldn't back us against Russia to be truthful

This.

All this giddiness is massively misguided.

Stones and Maguire have looked alright, but I'm still unconvinced with having Kyle at RB.

Young is a dreadful left back, you know, being a right footed winger and all...

Midfield is bereft of anything, Henderson is wank, Alli isn't fit...

Sterling has yet to click into life, desperately hoping he will, and Kane, despite all his goals, offers very little from open play, as when he does manage to hold it up, he gets zero support and only Sterling running beyond him.

This.

All this giddiness is massively misguided.

Stones and Maguire have looked alright, but I'm still unconvinced with having Kyle at RB.

Young is a dreadful left back, you know, being a right footed winger and all...

Midfield is bereft of anything, Henderson is wank, Alli isn't fit...

Sterling has yet to click into life, desperately hoping he will, and Kane, despite all his goals, offers very little from open play, as when he does manage to hold it up, he gets zero support and only Sterling running beyond him.
A fair analysis, but you missed out at the end of the final sentence..."but is unable or unwilling to pass it".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.