Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

So these "experts" need to rewatch a game to see Sterling's movement whereas many of us on here can see it first time of asking - just about sums up the level of punditry in this country.

I read it that the first time they watch the game, and on re-watch they can focus on specifics, such as individuals.

Only just remembered this:
On way to work yesterday morning, Radio 2, Chris Evans talking about (approx) ‘wasn’t there some barging going on at halftime against an England player from a Colombian coach?’
Vasos, the sport guy and support act, replies (approx) ‘yes, there was, I think it was done to Rashford...’

So, national Radio sport guy can’t remember the difference between Sterling and the name ‘everyone’ thinks should be playing instead...

It’s a minor memory slip, but it’s an apt one for the casual.

Agree but it was really bad after the last derby game.
Some of the songs getting sung outside Wembley pre match was a disgrace.

Of course it was, woe betide you do anything wrong in the derby, it tends to stick.

Of course it was, woe betide you do anything wrong in the derby, it tends to stick.

Yeah Raz missed a few good chances in the derby, but fuck me he's also rescued us a few times.
It's unbelievable the stick he gets from the media and a few of our own fans ( ps I used your quote to agree with you mate and not to have a dig at you ).
Hopefully Raz knows just how much the vast majority of blues appreciate him.
Also the fans of other clubs who slag him off would be as happy as Larry if their club signed him.
Fuck the media and fuck the haters too.

Yeah Raz missed a few good chances in the derby, but fuck me he's also rescued us a few times.
It's unbelievable the stick he gets from the media and a few of our own fans ( ps I used your quote to agree with you mate and not to have a dig at you ).
Hopefully Raz knows just how much the vast majority of blues appreciate him.
Also the fans of other clubs who slag him off would be as happy as Larry if their club signed him.
Fuck the media and fuck the haters too.

Good post , Sterling would walk into any premeir league team and nearly every european club , his game is 95% there , he needs more composure and confidence with his finishing , which will only improve with experience , he will be one hell of a player when he is 27/28 , he is a potential Balon D'Or winner with Pep as his mentor, that would shut the F8cking Dippers up.

He's unfortunate that he is at this sharp end of this new social media club/fan war where hatred is a commodity to make money off.

I fear for him, he is doing the working hard, being humble, dont upset anyone and it still isnt working. No matter how much he gives this will not stop.

It's at the back of his mind every touch he takes, that split second thought of what if I fuck this up. No other has to play with that fear (No matter how small it is). If that is happening he aint going to turn around his performances into what the media demand.

Whilst I think Pep is using it to galvanize the team and get behind Sterling, I do think at some point along the line the only way Sterling can get out of this is to move abroad. The hate wont stop in this country, makes me a little ashamed tbh.

My thoughts exactly. Seems like a really strong guy mentally but when some of your own teams "fans" are more than happy to baah like the rest of the sheep there has to come a point where he thinks whats the point ? Personally Id love to him score a winner at the WC and then do a Maradona style double middle finger salute to all and sundry.

Good post , Sterling would walk into any premeir league team and nearly every european club , his game is 95% there , he needs more composure and confidence with his finishing , which will only improve with experience , he will be one hell of a player when he is 27/28 , he is a potential Balon D'Or winner with Pep as his mentor, that would shut the F8cking Dippers up.

Probably cost us the last few quid of his 'add ons' as well, I'd let him take it down the East Lancs himself .... in cash of course!

Probably cost us the last few quid of his 'add ons' as well, I'd let him take it down the East Lancs himself .... in cash of course!
Fucking hell, you must hate the lad if you want him to walk through Liverpool with a million in cash.

I think Raz should go overseas, Id hate to lose him but Im thinking of him and his sanity.
He may well be thinking along those lines himself with his contract being unsigned and the possible arrival of Mahrez.

The Australian football analyst Craig Foster explained his role for England and how what he does is so important to the 'machine'
I dont expect any of the thicko's can see it though through the fog of their hatred and desire for Rashford to be in the team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.