Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

I can see it now......................scores the winner v Brazil in the World Cup final,most drivel wrote would be well and truly forgotten,as he will instantly be remembered as a hero for the rest of his life,he may well get the opportunity to do just that,let's hope he doesn't miss if that opportunity does happen

I can see it now......................scores the winner v Brazil in the World Cup final,most drivel wrote would be well and truly forgotten,as he will instantly be remembered as a hero for the rest of his life,he may well get the opportunity to do just that,let's hope he doesn't miss if that opportunity does happen
And then Jesus scores two to become the new boo boy up and down the land.

If something like that happened I think in many years' time he would be looked back on as being the hero who won the world cup but I'm genuinely not sure how he would be viewed in the near future. I suspect there would still be a lot of resentment and people trying to gloss over it with the usual criticism. I'm convinced if he scores the winner tomorrow there will be a general response that is quite snidey like, "about time he did something". The one thing I have learnt in recent weeks is just when you think it would be pretty much impossible for him to get loads of shit, he still does.

Listening to some plank (caller) on talk sport yesterday criticising his finishing trying to use some technical term that he heard a pundit say early last season. (saying he can’t lace the ball) wtf.
And claiming that Rashford should start in front of him.

But all the talk sport presenters and ex players defended Sterling (couldn’t belive my ears) saying he was a better goal threat and was playing well for England, also that Rashfords goal return was way behind Sterling’s, and that Sterling should be starting for England. The media has slated him but there are pundits out there who are starting to see what he offers England.

I'd genuinely love nothing more, a big performance and a goal to boot would be class. I don't hate him, i hate the hysteria on here over him.

@Tom_mcfc

I'm waiting for you to show me where I defended Sterling over his misses like you said I did yesterday.

Apologies if it wasn't you mate, many on here defended both his horror misses so far though.

I think the one lesson we learned from Matt Lawton’s initial article is what will happen if we lose to Sweden. The reaction to him wasn’t ‘why are you being a cock about Sterling’ it was ‘why are you being a cock about Sterling when England have just won their most important match in 20 years.’

You can pretty much bet your house a sizeable proportion of fleet street’s finest will have something akin to Lawton’s article to say about Raheem on Saturday night if we go out. Bizarrely, on the once bitten principle, it wouldn’t be surprising if Lawton is not one of them.

It was a joke in response to someone saying I cheered when he missed his open net (not for the first time) keep repeating it as factual though, you are more than welcome.

It was not a joke response as you stated you cheered as if someone had scored a goal as he had been shit so I call that bollocks

You say he "missed" an open net why do you keep repeating this bullshit. It has been pointed out to you many times that his open net miss was already called offside against Lingard so it would not have counted therefore cannot be deemed a miss

Tom you obviously hate Sterling but as has been pointed out so many times this thread is about the media treatment. You keep saying people defend him on here irrespective of his performance once again I call that bollocks what people are in this thread to do is highlight the hypocrisy and persecution that Sterling receives at the hands of the media and how that differentiates in the treatment of other players

Why not stick to the Sterling player thread as you are clearly out of your depth on this thread

I'd genuinely love nothing more, a big performance and a goal to boot would be class. I don't hate him, i hate the hysteria on here over him.

Apologies if it wasn't you mate, many on here defended both his horror misses so far though.
Wouldn’t have thought it was histeria mate. Just blues sticking up for one of our players who has become a cult hate figure because of a concerted media hatchet job.

Listening to some plank (caller) on talk sport yesterday criticising his finishing trying to use some technical term that he heard a pundit say early last season. (saying he can’t lace the ball) wtf.
And claiming that Rashford should start in front of him.

But all the talk sport presenters and ex players defended Sterling (couldn’t belive my ears) saying he was a better goal threat and was playing well for England, also that Rashfords goal return was way behind Sterling’s, and that Sterling should be starting for England. The media has slated him but there are pundits out there who are starting to see what he offers England.

Sterling 18 from 33 league appearances, Rashford 7 from 35 league appearances. Raheem also has a much better goals from shots ratio. It's amazing how fake news has really taken a hold with a lot of the public. The difference in quality between Sterling and Rashford is not even close. I also think Lingard is much better than Rashford and so do a lot of proper United fans as opposed to the deluded fanboys who call Talksport.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.