Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Sterling 18 from 33 league appearances, Rashford 7 from 35 league appearances. Raheem also has a much better goals from shots ratio. It's amazing how fake news has really taken a hold with a lot of the public. The difference in quality between Sterling and Rashford is not even close. I also think Lingard is much better than Rashford and so do a lot of proper United fans as opposed to the deluded fanboys who call Talksport.

Lingard and Sterling have been combining well all tournament. One of the reasons Lingard had a quiet game on Tuesday was because the Columbians were watching and waiting for the neat 1-2s and lay-offs between Sterling and Lingard, and were smothering them. What pissed me off about the Lawton article is that England being stifled like this wasn’t the product of a very good team doing their homework on how to nullify one of England’s biggest threats, it was the product of Sterling being shit.

Wouldn’t have thought it was histeria mate. Just blues sticking up for one of our players who has become a cult hate figure because of a concerted media hatchet job.

Defending him over media related stuff is perfectly fine and normal considering it is a disgrace how he is treated. Pretending he has 10/10 games because they don't like if the media or pundits point that out is hysteria in my book.

Sterling 18 from 33 league appearances, Rashford 7 from 35 league appearances. Raheem also has a much better goals from shots ratio. It's amazing how fake news has really taken a hold with a lot of the public. The difference in quality between Sterling and Rashford is not even close. I also think Lingard is much better than Rashford and so do a lot of proper United fans as opposed to the deluded fanboys who call Talksport.

Also put into context instead of using appearances you can use minutes played, Sterling 2,593 minutes to Rashfords 1,810 minutes. A bit of balance is allowed however it is a myth that Rashford is far superior in front of goal. I would imagine Rashford in our set up his numbers would be better though. Sterling still starts for me and even if some on here don't want to believe it I think the medias Rashford campaign has quietened down a lot.

Also put into context instead of using appearances you can use minutes played, Sterling 2,593 minutes to Rashfords 1,810 minutes. A bit of balance is allowed however it is a myth that Rashford is far superior in front of goal. I would imagine Rashford in our set up his numbers would be better though. Sterling still starts for me and even if some on here don't want to believe it I think the medias Rashford campaign has quietened down a lot.

I don’t think you’re right that the ‘Rashford in Sterling out’ campaign has been quietened down that much. It’s still there in force. I do however think it is different in tone. Before the Belgium game it was a bandwagon, pure and simple, based on click bait and ignorance. Now when I see it being discussed, it is more in the manner of a media generated talking point, in the way that Talksport for instance will usually have two presenters taking different views about a topic in order to stimulate debate.

I don’t think you’re right that the ‘Rashford in Sterling out’ campaign has been quietened down that much. It’s still there in force. I do however think it is different in tone. Before the Belgium game it was a bandwagon, pure and simple, based on click bait and ignorance. Now when I see it being discussed, it is more in the manner of a media generated talking point, in the way that Talksport for instance will usually have two presenters taking different views about a topic in order to stimulate debate.

Was it? Or was it based on two pretty average performances from Sterling from the first two games? The problem that's come more is Sterling v Rashford when it isn't one or the other for me. Stering is already out of position so you could play him in a different role if needs be and his contribution would be the same. I personally feel though after that Belgium game it has died down a bit with people realising Rashford isn't the saviour after all.

I too think the media campaign has died down.

I think the breaking point was, with that much hatred being generated in OUR national media the opposition coach is now having a dig at him. Every time he went over for water, when he was coming off at half time, they had a go.

OUR media have done that and I think/hope they are realising the shit they are causing and laying off him.

But we've seen their form....... Lose to Sweden and Sterling gets shit. Win against them and he gets left alone at least.

I'v never felt so much hate for the press, I really need to relieve my stress, would love to meet one of them

It was not a joke response as you stated you cheered as if someone had scored a goal as he had been shit so I call that bollocks

You say he "missed" an open net why do you keep repeating this bullshit. It has been pointed out to you many times that his open net miss was already called offside against Lingard so it would not have counted therefore cannot be deemed a miss

Tom you obviously hate Sterling but as has been pointed out so many times this thread is about the media treatment. You keep saying people defend him on here irrespective of his performance once again I call that bollocks what people are in this thread to do is highlight the hypocrisy and persecution that Sterling receives at the hands of the media and how that differentiates in the treatment of other players

Why not stick to the Sterling player thread as you are clearly out of your depth on this thread

So you are telling me in what context I posted, you are right I am out of my depth if we now have mind readers on board. Cannot beat that can I.

Did he miss an open net? Yes. Did he know he was offside? No. Did he take that chance as if he was onside? Yes. He fluffed it and the only thing that saved him was that offside flag. Had he have played on 5 seconds or so in a one on one and fluffed it then so be it when everyone is at a stand still. He reacted there as if there was no flag and just like at Burnley he couldn't move his feet quick enough. I don't hate him in the slightest, once again I hate how like you have just done there defend something you cant defend. Just like the missed header, some people with a brain went he should have scored it, he didn't move on. That was pretty much my take. What was embarrassing was people blaming ball spins and gravitational pull as a reason why he missed. Odd.

Whilst you want to call hypocrisy, try looking up that word. A lot in here have crucified Rashford, Lingard, Alii even Vardy for performances and missed chances whilst not accepting one bad word about Sterling. This thread is the opposite of the treatment Sterling gets in the media. Ironic ey.

Said it countless times now I want nothing more than a big performance from him, for him more than anyone. It still might not be enough for the media but fans who are frustrated and want him to do well will enjoy it like myself. There isn't many calling for him to be dropped and he will be a starter tomorrow where hopefully he shines.

I too think the media campaign has died down.

I think the breaking point was, with that much hatred being generated in OUR national media the opposition coach is now having a dig at him. Every time he went over for water, when he was coming off at half time, they had a go.

OUR media have done that and I think/hope they are realising the shit they are causing and laying off him.

But we've seen their form....... Lose to Sweden and Sterling gets shit. Win against them and he gets left alone at least.

I'v never felt so much hate for the press, I really need to relieve my stress, would love to meet one of them

I don't believe the Colombians actions towards him had anything to do with the persecution from the English press. It was simply that they viewed him as the danger man so tried provoking a reaction from him to get him sent off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.