Taking Toddlers to Games

We took all our 3 from being tiny babies in various parts of the ground. By the time they were big enough to make any serious physical fuss they were already totally used to it and we never had any problems. My youngest has learning disibilities and sensory issues so he wears ear defenders but otherwise never had any issues.

Taking a toddler to a match is a fucking nightmare in my experience. Excruciating experience and makes the match feel about 5 hours long.
Particularly for the poor sod sat next to you or even worse the person in front who gets their seat kicked for 90 minutes

Taking a toddler to a match is a fucking nightmare in my experience. Excruciating experience and makes the match feel about 5 hours long.

This...they simply cannot get their heads around the game at any level and cannot concentrate or sit still for long enough...it only started to work for me with my two at around 7 / 8 years old TBH

My dad who is no longer alive took me at 10 year old in 1964-65 when we were shite, but the following season along came joe and Malcolm and the rest is history, I also took my lads to city in the shite years but now they are getting the rewards, so take them as soon as you think they will enjoy the occasion, ps my youngest wanted to go home after he had eaten his pie lol first Monday night live game against qpr red arrows and all.

My little girl just turned 2 and I believe Iv indoctrinated her well thus far, she knows City songs, says come on city and when you ask her what’s your favourite team she says City.

I feel I want to take her to a game or two next year even though Iv seen that this usually ends up with trips to the toilet and leaving early for many Dads with toddlers at matches.

my question is do I have to buy her a ticket or will she be able to come in on my season ticket? I’m in 119 so don’t know how standing and the louder (sometimes) atmosphere there compared to other sections may effect her?

Sooo.... can she come in on my ticket and in regards to south stand with a 2yo, Yay or nay? Should I look to move for a game when I take her (if that’s possible)

cheers

My daughters 3 and waiting for the right time for her. My 5 year old's been going a fair bit now, he loves it. But I wouldn't go in the south stand. Family or somewhere where they can sit.

We sit in the east level 3.

My daughters 3 and waiting for the right time for her. My 5 year old's been going a fair bit now, he loves it. But I wouldn't go in the south stand. Family or somewhere where they can sit.

We sit in the east level 3.
I always reply to these posts about taking kids

My lad is 11 in august,he will be on his 7th season card next year,he first started coming with me when he was 3 sitting on my knee in block 218,when he got to 4-5 years old,i relocated to the family stand for 3 years in block 234 then block 233,its terrible in the family stand in my opinion but he got the bug/addiction which is the main thing.

as soon as the south stand extension was built we moved over to block 318,we've been there since it was built is it 3 or 4 seasons now? He loves it,every minute of it,he's badgering me at the moment to get him on all the cup schemes for next year,he goes to 90% of cup games anyway .

good luck to all blue parents !

I always reply to these posts about taking kids

My lad is 11 in august,he will be on his 7th season card next year,he first started coming with me when he was 3 sitting on my knee in block 218,when he got to 4-5 years old,i relocated to the family stand for 3 years in block 234 then block 233,its terrible in the family stand in my opinion but he got the bug/addiction which is the main thing.

as soon as the south stand extension was built we moved over to block 318,we've been there since it was built is it 3 or 4 seasons now? He loves it,every minute of it,he's badgering me at the moment to get him on all the cup schemes for next year,he goes to 90% of cup games anyway .

good luck to all blue parents !

Best way mate. I was thinking family stand but the last time I went in their (huddersfield in fa cup) it was horrible.

Best way mate. I was thinking family stand but the last time I went in their (huddersfield in fa cup) it was horrible.
It is horrible in my opinion,full of parents not arsed playing with their mobiles or complaining to stewards if you dare show any passion or god forbid the odd swear word that comes out,but still,it served its purpose for me and my nipper.if you can afford it,get your daughter and lad in with you where you are now,if not the family stand is an option till they get older.

Took my lad to Maine Road when he was 3 just so he could say he had been there

Lost to West Ham one nil

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.