World Cup 2018 | 6th July | QF: Brazil vs Belgium, KO 19:00 (BST)

Is this even a rule? Or something a commentator made up and people now act like it's gospel.
I didn't think it was a rule. I'm sure I remember an incident where someone conceded a pen for violent conduct in the box even though the ball was out of play at the time.

De Bruyne, Kompany, Hazard, Lukaku and the 2 Spurs defenders were brilliant. Also, credit to Martinez for picking the team. They were organised in defence and attack and were stronger than Brazil all over the pitch

Brazil, other than the odd exception, were shit.

What has happened to Neymar? 4 years ago he was direct, energetic, full of goals, flair and was very exciting. Now he looks like a self-indulgent prick who takes far too many touches and is rarely a goal threat

Damn what a ride. We had some luck pulling trough, but the boys showed what they are worth. Some superb performances, kev and comps certaintly, but also big thanks to our magnificent goalkeeper who should win that keeper price. Well, a superb keeper is a weapon we have, cutting edge counters is another one.

Martinez has done great for Belgium, and should be deservingly lauded for his changes and the win. He did this one right atleast. Historic win for us, another one in our long unbeaten streak. Bring on France!
Congrats. Hope you stuff 'em.

All day a pen,fucking criminal decision.

I thought the ball may have gone out of play and that is why they didn’t give it - it wasn’t out of play and I have no idea why it wasn’t given

Interestingly, Jesus was shit most of the game but that skill was brilliant whereas Vinny was brilliant but that challenge was terrible

Just seen some pictures of it. The ball is no where near out of play.

It's a clear penalty.

Imo it was a pen all day long but with Neymar diving all tournament then fcuk em.
Well played Belgium.
How strong is this side of the tournament compared to Englands side, can't remember ever seeing a tournament so top heavy on one side of the draw.

It would only not be a penalty if the ball was dead, i.e. the ref had already blown his whistle before the challenge was made. Just because it might have crossed the goal line makes no difference, a foul would still result in a penalty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.