Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Laughable that this country want us to go back to the old ways, they would rather we played all Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea marquee players in a 442. We done that for decades and achieved fuck all. City style of play and the players we have is the way forward now. Add in some Tot players and other fw thinking team players and we can win things. And that includes Sterling playing in a more holistic position, more importantly the hard work that comes with it

soz for the word holistic

Laughable that this country want us to go back to the old ways, they would rather we played all Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea marquee players in a 442. We done that for decades and achieved fuck all. City style of play and the players we have is the way forward now. Add in some Tot players and other fw thinking team players and we can win things. And that includes Sterling playing in a more holistic position, more importantly the hard work that comes with it

soz for the word holistic

Who wants 442 filled with United/Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal players? Not heard one person want that formation or them players. It has been refreshing that it isn't a team full of superstars with egos.

What I found funny was watching the match the other night in the boozer. There was a few times Stones had it inside our area and would pass it out between two of their players and found our man in midfield. Quite risky but obviously how City play, you could tell the non City fans in there shouting for them to hoof it out instead of playing out. To be fair it used to worry me when we started playing that way, now you can appreciate the class in it.

Who wants 442 filled with United/Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal players? Not heard one person want that formation or them players. It has been refreshing that it isn't a team full of superstars with egos.

What I found funny was watching the match the other night in the boozer. There was a few times Stones had it inside our area and would pass it out between two of their players and found our man in midfield. Quite risky but obviously how City play, you could tell the non City fans in there shouting for them to hoof it out instead of playing out. To be fair it used to worry me when we started playing that way, now you can appreciate the class in it.
two out and out strikers, rash and kane.

hoddle was talking about not comfortable playing out from the back and having three . And on TS "If Walker is not a CB then play 4 at the back".

Voices of the nation. They shape our opinions and the headlines.

Sterling's being asked to play a role for the team, he's doing it without complaint and in the face of a fair amount of shit being thrown at him from the fans who say he's under performing. The criteria for selection though is whether Southgate thinks he's under performing or whether he thinks he's fulfilling his role for the team. It seems that, so far, it's the latter. It's a pity that the media have initiated this Sterling or Rashford question because there's no reason why it can't be both particularly if Southgate wants to create width up front rather than solely from the back.

two out and out strikers, rash and kane.

hoddle was talking about not comfortable playing out from the back and having three . And on TS "If Walker is not a CB then play 4 at the back".

Voices of the nation. They shape our opinions and the headlines.

On some levels yes, on squad formation no. I don't think many would want us to change from our existing formation. All you will get is Rashford for Sterling in that role rather than being a striker. Rashford barely plays up front for United anyway. Walker isn't a centre back, his best assets are what he brings to that right had side which he can't do in this current role. He hasn't been bad by any stretch and luckily for Southgate Trippier has shone in that spot. Even if Walker was a problem (which he isn't) you would simply put Cahill in, formation wouldn't change.

On some levels yes, on squad formation no. I don't think many would want us to change from our existing formation. All you will get is Rashford for Sterling in that role rather than being a striker. Rashford barely plays up front for United anyway. Walker isn't a centre back, his best assets are what he brings to that right had side which he can't do in this current role. He hasn't been bad by any stretch and luckily for Southgate Trippier has shone in that spot. Even if Walker was a problem (which he isn't) you would simply put Cahill in, formation wouldn't change.

And what has any of that fucking got to do with the media and Sterling

Was it? Or was it based on two pretty average performances from Sterling from the first two games? The problem that's come more is Sterling v Rashford when it isn't one or the other for me. Stering is already out of position so you could play him in a different role if needs be and his contribution would be the same. I personally feel though after that Belgium game it has died down a bit with people realising Rashford isn't the saviour after all.

No, it was a bandwagon.

Sorry but if you don’t recognise that you’re either a WUM or not worth responding to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.