World Cup 2018 | 7th July | QF: Sweden vs England Match Thread, KO 15:00 (BST)

Greece was and Denmark was 14 and 26 years ago respectively.

Pretty generous definition of "within the last decade or so"!
Bloody hell. How times fly. But still, my point remains the same.

Let’s face it england are pretty shit but due to very good fortune we have played teams even worse than us. If we beat Sweden and get Russia in the semis we could unbelievably make the final. We would be the poorest team ever to make a World Cup final but chances are our luck will run out either tomorrow or in the semis.

Get the job done tomorrow. Couldn't give a toss if it was the scrappiest 1-0 I've ever seen.
If we win tomorrow it's genuinely game on

Omen? France vs Uruguay (6 /7 letters). Brazil vs Belgium (6/7 letters). Sweden vs England (6/7 letters). Russia vs Croatia (6/7 letters).
These individually make THIRTEEN. IT'S COMING HOME (13 letters).
If you add 6 sevens together it makes 42. It all comes back to 42.

Let’s face it england are pretty shit but due to very good fortune we have played teams even worse than us. If we beat Sweden and get Russia in the semis we could unbelievably make the final. We would be the poorest team ever to make a World Cup final but chances are our luck will run out either tomorrow or in the semis.

Ok I will bite. " England are pretty shit". Yes yes of course they are, surely that why they had such a good record in qualifying and are now in the last 8. Are Belgium shit? Or were they shit until tonight because guess what after playing the two other sides in our group they had an identical record to us. Like us made a little heavy weather of the respective openers and then stuffed their second opponents. England then went on to beat a decent side, or infact a very good one according to many (until they lost to England). True it was on penalties but over the 180 mins England were the better side.

Credit though to Sweden who all who have watched them in these finals will know they were a fairly poor side, until it became clear they were playing England next they have magically become a very good side indeed, close to world beaters infact. However if they have an off day and England beat them they will of course be be shite once agai

Meanwhile Belgium were very fortunate to get past Japan but despite this few suggested they were shit, but for a totally fluked goal Belgium would have been back home and Brazil would still be in having turned over the nips this evening. Ironically had this been the case despite having played Switzerland (crap) Serbia (crap) Costa Rica (crap) Mexico (crap) and finally Japan (crap) a very easy run to a semi final would have barely been mentioned.

I will still be bloody surprised if we win the thing though less so than than at the start of this world cup, however to suggest we are crap would be the worst ever finalist is frankly old chap the biggest load of shite I have heard since I last had to talk football with a rag....

As for the poorest finalist I can only assume you are young and dont remember what an absolute load of shite the Argentina side of 1990 were when they managed to reach the final. The French that actually won the thing in 98 were at best ordinary likewise the Germany team that lost to Brazil in 2002.

Ok I will bite. " England are pretty shit". Yes yes of course they are, surely that why they had such a good record in qualifying and are now in the last 8. Are Belgium shit? Or were they shit until tonight because guess what after playing the two other sides in our group they had an identical record to us. Like us made a little heavy weather of the respective openers and then stuffed their second opponents. England then went on to beat a decent side, or infact a very good one according to many (until they lost to England). True it was on penalties but over the 180 mins England were the better side.

Credit though to Sweden who all who have watched them in these finals will know they were a fairly poor side, until it became clear they were playing England next they have magically become a very good side indeed, close to world beaters infact. However if they have an off day and England beat them they will of course be be shite once agai

Meanwhile Belgium were very fortunate to get past Japan but despite this few suggested they were shit, but for a totally fluked goal Belgium would have been back home and Brazil would still be in having turned over the nips this evening. Ironically had this been the case despite having played Switzerland (crap) Serbia (crap) Costa Rica (crap) Mexico (crap) and finally Japan (crap) a very easy run to a semi final would have barely been mentioned.

I will still be bloody surprised if we win the thing though less so than than at the start of this world cup, however to suggest we are crap would be the worst ever finalist is frankly old chap the biggest load of shite I have heard since I last had to talk football with a rag....

As for the poorest finalist I can only assume you are young and dont remember what an absolute load of shite the Argentina side of 1990 were when they managed to reach the final. The French that actually won the thing in 98 were at best ordinary likewise the Germany team that lost to Brazil in 2002.

Ordinary sides do sometimes win or get to finals of tournaments.
However I suggest you look at the "ordinary"French w.c winning squad again.
Vieira,Pires,Henry,Dessaily,Zidane.
England do not compare.
I'd agree Argentina in 90 weren't the best.
They still had Maradonna though.

Omen? France vs Uruguay (6 /7 letters). Brazil vs Belgium (6/7 letters). Sweden vs England (6/7 letters). Russia vs Croatia (6/7 letters).
These individually make THIRTEEN. IT'S COMING HOME (13 letters).
Not as good as the one about Pep managing the champions in Spain Germany and England...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.