World Cup 2018 | 7th July | QF: Sweden vs England Match Thread, KO 15:00 (BST)

Not that it would matter. Sterling like every player out there should not be immune from criticism. However, it's been clear for a couple of years now that those from within and outside are fan base who boo him and take every chance to criticize him don't understand the finer machinations of team tactics or have hidden agendas. Like I said sterling should not be immune from criticism but when you come off the back of the season he has and your booing him during an international tournament, it speaks volumes about those not wanting to acknowledge the many positives he brings to the team rather than Sterling. Please see vid.

that's a cracking video.

that's a cracking video.
Top video but it's something we all know as city fans I've had countless arguments all week defending him but the rags are fucking clueless, the majority of football fans are brain dead sun/daily mail readers half off them wouldn't know where the swamp is never mind watched football there. If you can call what they play football also that Lingard is a fucking disgrace never passes the ball to him he's a cnunt, I really hope he scores the winning goal in the final and raises his shirt with the slogan sorry I can't celebrate I'm off to poundland

Last edited:
Not that it would matter. Sterling like every player out there should not be immune from criticism. However, it's been clear for a couple of years now that those from within and outside are fan base who boo him and take every chance to criticize him don't understand the finer machinations of team tactics or have hidden agendas. Like I said sterling should not be immune from criticism but when you come off the back of the season he has and your booing him during an international tournament, it speaks volumes about those not wanting to acknowledge the many positives he brings to the team rather than Sterling. Please see vid.

Exactly. Failure to appreciate Sterling is failure to understand football.

I’ve been trying, largely in vain, to explain this to a couple of “Sterling is Shit” merchants lately. His final ball still needs to be a little better and I’d love to see him commit defenders a little more. But he’s doing well and playing such an important role, with real intelligence and great work ethic.

that's a cracking video.
Like I said he ain't immune from criticism. But for England he is esentially playing the same role as Jesus for city. Jesus is are false nine pulling deep and wide to create space and goal scoring for de Bruyne, Silva and sane. Sterling creates the same for lingaard, Kane and Ali.

according to all the rags and dippers at the pub I watched sterlings holding England back .I didn't bother replying as theyre all loud mouth pricks that havnt seen the inside of a stadium for years if ever.

It is all from the lfc and rag idiots i am finding all on social media. Putting up stupid fucking pictures. Called one out on it last night and his argument was pathetic and hou can tell he had no thought of his own because of his weak stance on the matter - its all fuelled by the shit hate from tabloids and they are brainwashed.

Top video but it's something we all know as city fans I've had countless arguments all week defending him but the rags are fucking clueless, the majority of football fans are brain dead sun/daily mail readers half off them wouldn't know where the swamp is never mind watched football there. If you can call what they play football also that Lingard is a fucking disgrace never passes the ball to him he's a cnunt, I really hope he scores the winning goal in the final and raises his shirt with the slogan sorry I can't celebrate I'm off to poundland
He he he. Nice one your spot on.

Exactly. Failure to appreciate Sterling is failure to understand football.

I’ve been trying, largely in vain, to explain this to a couple of “Sterling is Shit” merchants lately. His final ball still needs to be a little better and I’d love to see him commit defenders a little more. But he’s doing well and playing such an important role, with real intelligence and great work ethic.
Keep trying. It drains the fuckin soul at times but keep trying otherwise the shit we keep hearing laced with hidden agendas will become the dominant narrative about what sterling is about. The media for whatever reason shame or whatever seem to have realised what we have seen over the last 2 years. This boy is football intelligent and can play.

Keep trying. It drains the fuckin soul at times but keep trying otherwise the shit we keep hearing laced with hidden agendas will become the dominant narrative about what sterling is about. The media for whatever reason shame or whatever seem to have realised what we have seen over the last 2 years. This boy is football intelligent and can play.
The reason he plays better for city is we have better players than England move the ball quicker etc , he must think he's gone back 10 years when vardy plays along side him in training:-)

Super Caley go ballistic celtic are atrocious

This still has to be the best headline for any football match.
Anyway I think England have done amazing and beyond all expectations.. It matters not who they have played to get to the Semi Final of the World Cup.
I will just repeat that for our Scottish friends. ENGLAND are in the SEMI FINAL of the WORLD CUP.
Can we go any further? Dare we dream. It won't be the biggest shock in the world.
I am fortunate to live in Glasgow, make no mistake this is an amazing city with amazing and friendly people. As long as you're not a bit of a wank they are as warm a people as you can get anywhere in the world. I wouldn't walk around Glasgow wearing an England shirt not that I own one anyway., that would be asking for trouble. Make no mistake though IF England win the world cup, Scotland will go into melt down.
I won't give it the big one or get upset with anyone when they say we were lucky and have not played anyone. I will just nod and SMILE from ear to ear Aye your right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.