Gareth Southgate

Seems to be his own man, especially in sticking to his own guns and ignoring what the media wants, and has clearly been influenced, to an extent, by Pep’s way of playing, though with less real quality to work with. He also appears to have put some ‘steel’ into John Stones.

Quite like the guy as a person/human being just stating the draws been very kind to England and if you're honest don't know how old you are or how far you can go back it's been a shite world cup in terms of class

What you really mean is that all the teams you expected to do well haven't done well and it's messed with your preconceptions.

The less fancied nations have caught up and the football snobs don't like it.

I must admit, like others I thought he was a safe apoointment after the fat sam fiasco. He has done well in getting this England team to appreciate possession, something that past England teams have struggled with.
You can see the limitations of our midfield in a creative manner and our main goal threat is set pieces and penalties.
If we dont beat Croatia in the semis, i hope he is given time to improve as we havent had all the 'we can win the world cup' build up this time and think it has helped with less pressure on the players.

We’re lucky we beat Columbia on pens. Let’s be honest, croatia and England have had a 1 in a million World Cup draw. To get to the final without playing one top team is insane.

What's your definition of a 'top team'?

Brazil? Drew with Switzerland and only beat Costa Rica in added time.

Germany? Lost to South Korea and Mexico.

Spain? Lost to Russia.

France? Drew with Denmark.

Argentina? Drew with Iceland.

So who are these top teams we haven't played?

Last edited:
What you really mean is that all the teams you expected to do well haven't done well and it's messed with your preconceptions.

The less fancied nations have caught up and the football snobs don't like it.
Wtf I don't give a toss who wins it but your not telling me England have played anyone good

He’s doing a decent job and as mentioned he has made England team a lot more likeable the added bonus that every step forward we take in this tournament is like a dagger to fat Sam’s heart (a sharp dagger to through all that blubber mind) he fucking hates it and it brings joy to me, I always have a little chuckle to my self about the radio ad that was running with the fat lad imprloring fans to buy tickets for England’s first home game under his Stewardship a game he never actually got to turn up for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.