Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to be today or tomorrow. But have to say I'm really excited to see what Maherez can bring to the table. As good as he was at a side like Leicester, now he'll be playing alongside the likes of KDB, Sergio, etc. I think Pep will raise his game another level and even though we've been buying young lately, seeing us bring in a PL winner, POTY forward in his prime should only strengthen the squad further.

I'm happy with Mahrez. Much more concerned about Jorginho. We need a DM more than a forward. Looking at Fernandinho vs Belgium. Can you imagine us going into this season with him as our first choice? At 33.....

If your point is that a well-run club in fact replaces players before they go into decline, then I understand it.
Otherwise, I'd find it perfectly reassuring for us to go into the new season with Fern. We're not desperate, in this window, for a top quality backup, and if we can't get one, then so be it (I still think Jorginho will happen). Next year, though, we'd almost certainly have to have someone come in. Or in the January window, if we could get someone good (unlikely).

(Just occurred to me that this is the Mahrez thread. Sorry mods, Ric).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.