Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Feel he's just being set up as the scapegoat for if we get knocked out as the media will just run with "well we got on board, listened to you lot and gave him a chance and he still didn't score like rashford so booooo"

I think it's the opposite, I think people are just trying to break up the anti-sterling stuff early because they don't want another Beckham scenario - and they really don't, not the sports journalists anyway.

Also a lot of it is getting behind the team, and good pundits pointing stuff out on big platforms. A lot of the foreign pundits have been singing his praises all tournament and I think it's just rubbing off on the English ones.

If he does end up missing a chance that puts England into the final or worse, then it's going to be a very long road back, but I don't think the sports journalists defending him can be accused of setting him up.

Try arguing the point with a rag who is so obviously thick as fuck that he posts this shit on facebook:

'get sterling of the pitch he is dog shit greedy little shit Cnut'

Have had an on-going battle with this fucking imbecile but it is a lost cause - the guy is fucking moron who has hatred for him (along with City).

This has nothing to do with racism its low playing a race card. Sterling just hasn't hit the heights of his club football, it's the same with Alli too.

I think people have short memories. Nobody seemed to care Rooney getting it in the neck or even Beckham who had a dartboard made out of him. Even some of his team mates turned their back on him, not to mention every club down the country booing him

If he played for United right now and got this backlash nobody would batter an eyelid, Infact they would be giving him low scores too

No it is a vendetta born out of the fact that he is a player on the up leaving that dipper shit hole. Rooney was a media darling as was Beckham and they always rallied around them if their places were in doubt.

I think the breaking point came when our journalists saw the Colombian manager having a go at him. The press may hate sterling but they don't want to see foreigners digging at England players.

Normal service to be resumed after the world Cup, they are itching for it

No chance he would be getting this shit if he was still at Liverpool. Sterling remaining at Liverpool would have underpinned an established racist narrative for some that black people need to know there place, stop being uppity, or be deserving of the opportunity they have been given rather than rocking the boat. It's not even though he ran down his fee at Liverpool they got a good chunk of money for him. Mc manaman ran down his contract and left on a free to move to a better club and although criticised received nothing by way of the treatment sterling is getting. Milner fucked us around ran down his contract and was clear he felt he was moving to a better and bigger club, but he was given no grief whatsoever by the media or wider football community. Suarez left Liverpool at the height of his powers, no criticism on the scale of sterling. Finally Couthinio left last year for similiar reasons to sterling, not a fucking peep out of anybody. You can sit comfortably in your position that we will have to disagree that's your right and your welcome to it. However, facts still matter and their clear for those who want to see them.

So, if he were still at liverpool he would be getting no grief OK. Well he is still the same colour but playing for us and getting grief,so that makes it Racism - OK

This has nothing to do with racism its low playing a race card. Sterling just hasn't hit the heights of his club football, it's the same with Alli too.

I think people have short memories. Nobody seemed to care Rooney getting it in the neck or even Beckham who had a dartboard made out of him. Even some of his team mates turned their back on him, not to mention every club down the country booing him

If he played for United right now and got this backlash nobody would batter an eyelid, Infact they would be giving him low scores too

I agree, there's been nothing racist regarding Sterling with regards the World Cup. But the media campaign started way before that. Those more tech savy than I will be able to post incidents of casual racism. Like the time the sun used Sterling's image in a story about a mixed raced drug dealer who dealt to support his 'footballers' life style. Zero to do with Sterling. Yet he's the image they chose, I think for reasons obvious to many.

Sterling has been victim to years of abuse, mainly painting him as a money hungry upty Young footballer and general stereo types surround kids of his upbringing.

I'm sorry, but comparing the stick he gets to Rooney or Beckham is ridiculous. Beckham got stick for being a petulant idiot, costing his country. He courted the media beyond anything we've ever seen. His publicity kept a fairly average footballer in the side for years.
Rooney slagged the fans off for daring to boo a turgid performance in South Africa when tens of thousands had spent hard earned supporting the team.
Both players had a huge media backing in general, I even remember being asked to pray for their recovery from metatarsal injuries... I didn't.

Sterling's main crime, being largely decent but not spectacular in the best World Cup of his generation.

I agree, there's been nothing racist regarding Sterling with regars the World Cup. But the media campaign started way before that. Those more tech savy than I will be able to post incidents of casual racism. Like the time the sun used Sterling's image in a story about a mixed raced drug dealer who dealt to support his 'footballers' life style. Zero to do with Sterling. Yet he's the image they chose, I think for reasons obvious to many.

Sterling has been victim to years of abuse, mainly painting him as a money hungry upty Young footballer and general stereo types surround kids of his upbringing.

I'm sorry, but comparing the stick he gets to Rooney or Beckham is ridiculous. Beckham got stick for being a petulant idiot, costing his country. He courted the media beyond anything we've ever seen. His publicity kept a fairly average footballer in the side for years.
Rooney slagged the fans off for daring to boo a turgid performance in South Africa when tens of thousands had spent hard earned supporting the team.
Both players had a huge media backing in general, I even remember being asked to pray for their recovery from metatarsal injuries...

Sterling's main crime, being largely decent but not spectacular in the best World Cup of his generation.

And leaving the dipper shits for us.

The media are getting behind him because it would look really churlish to not back the whole team who are in the semi finals of the world cup,the knifes will be out again if we get knocked out tomorrow,bookmark that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.