Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Really, really p..sed off with the BBC website. Trying to tell people how good Raz is but instead spend the first 2/3 telling us why he is sh1t and the last 1/3 in a poor attempt to say why he is good.

This has nothing to do with racism its low playing a race card. Sterling just hasn't hit the heights of his club football, it's the same with Alli too.

I think people have short memories. Nobody seemed to care Rooney getting it in the neck or even Beckham who had a dartboard made out of him. Even some of his team mates turned their back on him, not to mention every club down the country booing him

If he played for United right now and got this backlash nobody would batter an eyelid, Infact they would be giving him low scores too
What grief did Alli get in the build up to the tournament and during?

So, if he were still at liverpool he would be getting no grief OK. Well he is still the same colour but playing for us and getting grief,so that makes it Racism - OK
What a very very odd post. I've given you several comparators who are non black, some ex Liverpool, some not. None are black, but all moved clubs under similiar or worse circumstances than sterling. None of them, I mean none of them were treated like Sterling and certainly not over the same period of time. Yet you seem to have gone off on some tangent that at best is completely illogical. In laymen terms racism could be defined as treating a person due totthe colour of their skin or race unfavourably, unfairly and not equally compared to comparators, in this case a white premier league footballer. The proposition you are advancing that sterlings current treatment has no racial factors involved because he would not have been treated in such a way if he had stayed at liverpool is illogical. The reason being that at the heart of racism is the motivation to treat someone unfairly or unequally comparedcto others. The inequality in the way the media and fans handled the transfers of footballers who are non black has been explained to you. The argument that sterling would not have been treated badly if he stayed at Liverpool is not logical, because the matter under consideration is whether sterling has been treated unfairly or unequally compared to his white comparators who have experienced the same circumstances, in this case seeking a move to another club. Remember the facts still matter for those who choose to see them.

There has been talk of Alli and Sterling being dropped and Southgate wont buckle to the media. They actually proved doubters wrong where the duo had their best game yet against Sweden

Not denying that. Up till saturday, Alli had been anonymous altogether. I'm sure he's not fully fit and should not be playing.
His goal against Sweden masked another poor performance.

So, if he were still at liverpool he would be getting no grief OK. Well he is still the same colour but playing for us and getting grief,so that makes it Racism - OK
As for your comment about him still being black after leaving Liverpool, but plays for us and is still getting grief. I have to respectfully admit, I ain't got a scooby doo what your on about? But I'm happy to respond if you can pad out what you mean by this and its relevance to what I have explained above.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.