First car

manlikepep

So I just passed my driving test. Put it off for years because of the sheer expense of it. Any cars anyone would recommend that aren’t too expensive? Don’t know much about cars myself. Also trying not to get wrecked too much on the insurance. I know it’ll be bad as I am 23.

Daddy dearest is gonna purchase for me and I’ll take care of the insurance. Looking >£2000.

Cheers in advance for any advice!

First things first be serious about your wheels - go Panda not Porche. Then use the comparison sites and look at the insurers who want to use a black box etc - if you drive sensibly and keep your nose clean you will earn your no claims bonus. Note the emphasis is on earn !

Just compare the market for insurance and do it before you buy the car so you know exactly what it will be.

Get yourself a Morris Minor. Fill the tank for fiver, £30 a year for insurance, wipe down vinyl seats and you get to change gear without the clutch.

but out of date technology. Oil change every 3k miles to keep the engine in good nick - oil leaks guaranteed - no synchro on 1st - 55mph cruising speed 70 flat out ( with ear defenders ) - you need to learn how to weld - RWD ( an enigma to the youthful) and cars of that age mean every weekend there is a job to do rather than get on with your life and drive a car - like I say a Panda is the best modern. Looked after they do 150k mls ( oldest are 05 plate ) - most mod cons and will keep up with traffic. Second best is anything small and cheap like a Matiz, i10, Picanto - all available cheap and cost buttons to run leaving dosh for insurance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.