Andy May

He played right back in the first game i ever went to. I remember someone saying he was sh!t. I watched him for a bit and agreed he was sh!t. Good times.

I too had Sorrow from someone with long blonde hair and eyes of blue. her husband threatened to "give me a good hiding". She was lovely but spoken for, alas.
I had someone in my life answering that description. She wasn’t really interested until I married someone else.

Decent player during his spell at City and played over 400 league games during his professional career, capped at England U-21 level so yes he must be shit !!!

Some of the bullshit comments in this thread are the same type that most Blues go mad about when aimed at Raheem Sterling.

Keyboard football fans FFS

Decent player during his spell at City and played over 400 league games during his professional career, capped at England U-21 level so yes he must be shit !!!

Some of the bullshit comments in this thread are the same type that most Blues go mad about when aimed at Raheem Sterling.

Keyboard football fans FFS
City lad, through & through
He lived our fantasies and people call him, what does it make them

Always liked Andy and he did a decent job for the team at that time. I was also intrigued by the fact that he and Steve Kinsey seemed to be in some sort of competition as to who could sport the most perfectly coiffed hairstyle.

I always had a soft spot for Andy May because he was a Mostonan like myself. He lived on Bluestone road, which was facing my primary school Lily Lane. He's about 15 years older than me so I never came across him.

I was in the same class at St Peter’s as Andy. He was a decent lad. Remember seeing him with all the city boys in the late 1970s when we were both around 14. He was one of the harder lads at our school and a tough nut. I’m sure that helped him make it as a pro footballer. He was amazingly skilled compared to the rest of us at school and I remember watching him on TV playing for England schoolboys in the annual game v the Scots. He was a right back then and I think that’s where he played in his early City first team days. From pretty early on it was fairly clear that he did not quite have what it took to be a superstar - although he was in school playground marches - but as others have said, he lived the dream and played for the Blues in over a 100 games. Millwall, Huddersfield and a spell in the US followed. I heard him a couple of times doing radio commentaries and he hasn’t lost the sense of humour he had at school.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.