Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
The protests planned on Friday and the weekend are going to be a shit show and play right into the far rights hands.

The people who don’t like the protests or the baby Trump blimp are people who are never going to vote anything other than Center right or far right. You don’t win battles by sitting at home and wringing your hands. Social justice is only ever won the hard way. Everyone praises people like MLK or Mandela now but conveniently forget they started with protest and action that was condemned at the time along with warnings they were hurting their cause.

Also I find the baby Trump blimp funny. Makes me proud to be British.

Are people really that fucking stupid?

He's the leader of the most powerful country in the world, a historical close ally and a country who we depend on for defence. Not only that, but with Brexit coming up, it may also be a country we look to do more trade with in the near future. Showing open disrespect to an egotistical prick such as Trump seems like a daft way of going about things. Not only that but it is a stunt which will play perfectly into his hands. His core support already think that he is victimised and stunts like this will only reaffirm their view.

Also, since when as a prerequisite of business and foreign policy been actually liking the person you deal with?

I can't stand Trump, Putin and I certainly don't like the way non-secular states operate and how some countries in the Middle East treat women and homosexuals. That said, I understand the need for Britain to do business with these people/states to boost our economy.

People seem to want the best of both worlds these days. We want out of the EU but keep the benefits of the single market. We want to disrespect the President of America but create more trade deals with them.
Good post ^
I hope the Europeans dont piss him off so much he pulls out of NATO
Its the kind of thing he could do.

I hope the Europeans dont piss him off so much he pulls out of NATO. Its the kind of thing he could do.

Read that again and realize just how mental that sounds in a nuclear world with an expansionist Russia!

But, it’s certainly what Vlad has told him he’d like! Wonder if that gets him the pee tape and Trump Moscow, or just one of them????

Good post ^
I hope the Europeans dont piss him off so much he pulls out of NATO
Its the kind of thing he could do.

If an alliance rests on not pissing off a thin skinned moron then I would suggest you don’t have much of an alliance to begin with. Perhaps it’s time the European nations reviewed the historic relationship with the US forged by the Cold War. I definitely think it’s time for Europe to look at managing its own defence and military capabilities in the event the US proves itself to be increasingly unreliable in the future.

If an alliance rests on not pissing off a thin skinned moron then I would suggest you don’t have much of an alliance to begin with. Perhaps it’s time the European nations reviewed the historic relationship with the US forged by the Cold War. I definitely think it’s time for Europe to look at managing its own defence and military capabilities in the event the US proves itself to be increasingly unreliable in the future.
Yes maybe it is time
Britain as a non member would have to significantly increase its defence spending within NATO and outside of NATO, so might lead to an increase in taxation, either direct or non direct..
Whatever, NATO is a bad deal for America and Trump only likes good deals (or his perception of good anyway).

Whilst that sounds feasible, Europe has way bigger issues to deal with. I agree that the Dumpster can't be trusted on any single issue, the man is an imbocile of such huge proportions, however a unified Europe balstering it's defense is 't going to happen.

The balloon is fucking hilarious. Credit to whoever pulled it together and the mayor for not shutting it down.

The balloon is fucking hilarious. Credit to whoever pulled it together and the mayor for not shutting it down.

Credit to the mayor for showing such rudeness to the president of our great friends. What if he turns round and says fuck your trade deal? It is a disgrace.

Credit to the mayor for showing such rudeness to the president of our great friends. What if he turns round and says fuck your trade deal? It is a disgrace.

I don’t know if it’s a good idea or not, but every President for decades has been burned in effigy by someone somewhere. If Trump can’t handle this, he’s an utter wimp, and should resign tomorrow.

For starters here, Trump is a fucking odious buffoon and nothing will change my mind on that but......the balloon is a disgrace and a needless insult from those up in arms about his needless insults all the time.

We should rise above it instead of allowing ourselves to be drawn into shit like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.