Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are people getting the idea that Kovacic or Thiago could be a backup plan for the Fern replacement role. They're more suited to the 2 positions ahead of the DM rather than as the DM itself. A swap of Gundogan and Thiago would be great but you've still got De Bruyne and the two Silvas are the main picks for those slots.

Someone like Ndombele is the type of player that needs to be targeted not a Kovacic/Thiago type.

Good player. But like pogba and more so Sanchez this is one signing, Im really glad has fallen through. I think he will do really well at Chelsea who can provide him with the defensive cover to allow him to play. At City with are system and style as much as I rate him, I think he may have become a liability. He was never a replacement for fern. Jorghino is a deep lying player maker, who can chip in with screeing the defence. He is not a stopper, a defensive midfielder. Closest comparison I see to him is is Pirlo. Great player Pirlo, but like this lad had no real defensive qualities. It was not an issue for pirlo because he had others around him who took care of his defensive responsibilites. But the problem for us would have been when fern was out, relying on jorghino to have a similar type of impact to fern when he is a totally different style of player and not equipped to handle the defensive demands of the prem. Blessing in disguise not because he's shit because he isn't. He's very good at what he does. It's a blessing in disguise because he doesn't appear to be the kind of player City desperately need right now.

Guess we've heard differently. I heard City were still faffing about with installment lengths etc. Price agreed yep, but not how it was gonna be paid. Tallies with everything his agent said about no confirmation between the clubs too and how they were just waiting for the green light

I believe City resolved the payment plan at the time, spreading the money over three years rather than four. The green light was clearly Sarri and Chelsea, with Jorginho hanging on.

As ADL says, the player has a preference for London - that won't have changed, regardless of cash.

None of those players are good enough to cover Fernandinho. People are looking to short-term. Fernandinho is out on his feet and 34 next birthday - you strengthen now - not when things drop off a cliff.

I made this same argument on Toure for years.

Too many have got warm and cosy - thankfully, Pep won't have been sat watching re-runs of our wins from last season.
I agree about Toure and see the comparison on age. I hope we have an alternative but sometimes you have to adapt to what you have as they did with the Mendy injury. Player for player we still have the best squad in the league. Not convinced we will see another DM before the window closes but I am sure we will have been looking over the last 2 weeks. The alarm bells must have been ringing regardless of him being on holiday since the fee was agreed

There's so much bad logic in here it's painful.

"We have the same 1st 11." - Except it's weaker, it's older, a bunch of key players have had shorter offseasons.

"Add Mahrez remove Yaya and we are better." - That's not how it works. You can't just keep removing defensive midfielders for wingers and pretend you're better.

"Gundo and Delph are midfielders just like Fabinho and are capable to stand in" - Well lets just hope the incredibly injury prone Mendy doesn't get another injury and can immediately play 3x a week for 9 months, or Gundogan gets another injury, or David Silva or KDB suffer after a shorter summer, because you've now booked 2 players to cover about 5 positions on the pitch.

"i'm not convinced Jorginho was a like for like anyway, he won't be better than Kante" Why are you comparing 2 completely different midfielders who will do completely different jobs at Chelsea?

This isn't flapping, it's accepting that we need a proper cover/replacement for Fernandinho, and sticking your head in the sand shouting "didn't want him don't need him" is not the answer to not signing Jorginho.

We need another midfielder to play that role, we have a very short amount of time to get it done.

Shiting myself now, hope we make the 40 points this season.

For those of a negative nature. Look at the tranfers our rivals have made in the last 3 seasons, compare with ours, age and price.

Some are looking for a good moan , where there really isn't one to be had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.