Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's so much bad logic in here it's painful.

"We have the same 1st 11." - Except it's weaker, it's older, a bunch of key players have had shorter offseasons. Weaker in what way? Losing Yaya? Sane is 22 now and Sterling 23, yeah, age is a problem. Every two years they have shorter pre-seasons, what's new?

"Add Mahrez remove Yaya and we are better." - That's not how it works. You can't just keep removing defensive midfielders for wingers and pretend you're better. Yaya just took up a spot, Mahrez isn't a straight swap obviously but he gives us another option up front. Looks like an improvement to me.

What about the big and daft at Lazio?
Nice player. I rate him but he strikes me as less mobile than jorghinio. Further on watching him he seems to prefer playing quite high up the pitch. What has not helped is the lack of clarity about the kind of player we are after alongside what the fans are expecting he will do. I lt feels certain that City have been looking for a deep lying playmaker, pivot call it what you like. The problem is that whilst jorghino fit that profile. I think he lacks the mobility and agression fern brought when carrying out the role last season carrying out the role, which can't be dismissed as it was a significant factor which allowed us to dominate the league. The problem is that if it's a DM the fans would like to see in that pivot, your likely to lose something from a playmaker perspective. If it's a deep lying play maker like jorghino the fans would like to see in the pivot, your likely to lose something defensively. I guess this is the conundrum City need to solve.

I don't think it would be the worst thing if we didn't sign any of them, we have a lad in the squad who has a good engine, massive desire, likes a tackle and proved to be versatile, Fabian Delph!

Kovacic
Milkinovic Slavic
Serri
Lemina
Thiago
Weigl

Only realistic options and how many can actually play in that position.

Couldn’t really give a shit about the player but it’s a worry that we take weeks to agree deals but Chelsea have done this between Monday and today? Obviously a very different way of operating
You can't honestly believe that Napoli and Chelsea only made contact on Monday?

There's two versions of that ADL quote now, one saying Chelsea offered Napoli and the player more than City did. This sounds much more like the truth
Don’t you mean it’s more like the truth so you can tell yourself he chose money over glory? I don’t like London, but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that he or his wife prefer that location. Add to that the fact his current manager is also moving there. Chelsea are a pull. For whatever reason it is, London seems to be too. We don’t have divine right to players just because we’ve started to win things

Weaker in what way? Losing Yaya? Sane is 22 now and Sterling 23, yeah, age is a problem. Every two years they have shorter pre-seasons, what's new?

Weaker because our only defensive midfielder is now 33 and had no rest - the same midfielder who took 6 months break from playing well in 2014 because he was knackered after the last world cup.

We've gone from a fresh 32 year old fresh Fernandinho with old Yaya as an emergency to....33 year old knackered Fernandinho with no cover.

There is no way you can spin that into being better. A replacement is obviously needed - hence why Pep wanted Jorginho for £60m in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.