Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously you didn't watch him until the end of last season.

Weaker because our only defensive midfielder is now 33 and had no rest - the same midfielder who took 6 months break from playing well in 2014 because he was knackered after the last world cup.

We've gone from a fresh 32 year old fresh Fernandinho with old Yaya as an emergency to....33 year old knackered Fernandinho with no cover.

He wasn't. He saw out the season like all the other players. He wasn't knackered in the World Cup either.

He will complete another season, with or without Jorginho.

We will sign another player before the start of the season. Maybe not our first choice, but such is foootball and the transfer business.

Arsenal away. Fern on the team sheet. Fit, fresh and ready to go.

I think my dog can rival your level of reading comprehension.

No one said he was knackered last season, I he's going to be knackered this coming season after an insane workload in 17/18 followed no break. So "he finished the season like all other players" is completely meaningless.

Why will we sign another player then? Given you've already decided Fernandinho will start every single game next season at his very best, and not show any signs of fatigue or ageing. Why did Pep want to buy Jorginho for £60m given he obviously was not needed and was never going to play?

I think Stones has been the best player out in Russia for England. Given Citys high line there is an argument that he virtually plays in that role anyway. But actively seeking to convert Stones to DM, for City would be a disaster. Stones excels in relation to his passing range when the can see the picture before him. I don't see him coping well 10- 15 more yards further up the pitch in the thick of being pressed like hell. Not his game. He has only just turned another positive corner developmentally for me in Russia. His confidence and resilience seems to be back.The last thing he needs is a change of position, fans on his back after a few poor performances in a position he's not really equipped for. Let him be.

Jorginho misses out on a chance to improve as a player. Every player under Pep says they improve. Therefore if we sign an alternative chances are he will become a better player than Jorginho just because of the coaching and knowledge he will get from Guardiola. So no panic move on sign somebody else.

Well you might be smug and thrilled at standing still with some ageing players and giving our competitors a chance to catch up, but I'm not overly keen on it, and I'd bet Guardiola probably isn't either.

Standing still? Ha! Relax! Just because one player turned us down doesn’t mean it’s the end of the world, what’s wrong with you? I’m sure we’ll have a plan B and even if we wait till next summer for a DM, Fernandinho and Gundogan will be more than fine in that role for another season.

Also I’m not sure our rivals are catching us up to much.

Rags: Fred and a Porto B full back.

Chelsea: Jorginho

Arsenal: Bunch of nobodies and Torreira

Spurs: No one

Only Liverpool have bought well. I’d much rather be in our position than anyone elses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.