Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he wants to go to Chelsea for more money or because he wants to live in London then it means he doesn’t have the right mindset for what we are building. Shame it’s gone on so long but I am sure that Pep will have someone else in mind. I suspect that Jorginho will regret not signing for us more than we do

It smells just like Sanchez in January. City did not know at all that United had approached him and agreed with him until the last minute before he signed there ..

Have any Chelsea sources said anything Recently about Jorginho Bc I honestly can’t find anything and it might just well be a ruse

Napoli are probably lying about the reasons and the player may well have been pushed to Chelsea but I doubt City can change the situation now. Too late surely. Face saving exercise?

Not sure this would save any face to be honest. If anything it would serve to make it look worse if indeed we have been "snubbed". Presumably City must've had some encouragement from his agent to brief Blackburn and Brennan?

I would prefer to land him rather than him go elsewhere, however I sometimes wonder whether I watched a different team to some on here last season. From what I’m reading in posts, we’ll be struggling to survive in the league, even though we have already made one quality addition to a squad that broke almost all EPL records last season.

I could understand like before if we won on the last day of the season, so there was hardly any gap to second, but we were streets ahead of the rags.

Yes ultimately I would like this transfer to happen, more so now just to shove it up to people touting London, but if it doesn’t happen, I’ll see who our next target is without worrying too much myself.

Sad as fuck.

Yes it is.

Chelsea a team with a weird concoction of no manager or two managers or half a manager, an owner who isn't even allowed into the country, no champions league football and who's latest transfer dealings include the huge successes of overpaying for Llorente, Bakayoko, Barkley and Drinkwater have managed to beat us to our top target who we agreed a deal for 15 days ago and then allowed to go on his jollies (because after all last time we let a player enjoy some time off in brazil that went so well) - and to make it all even more insulting the reason that is currently being given is that London is a better place to live than Manchester. Is it fuck.

There are others on here who clearly know more about our tactical needs than I do but I’d have thought that our pressing need is for a truly DM who is technically proficient, mobile, intelligent, can pass well and quickly turn defence into attack but who is primarily able to shield the back 4 or, more likely, back 2 or 3, when teams break on us - the main danger we will face against the majority of teams. That’s the ideal and asking a lot, I know. Jorginho, a deep lying playmaker with an eye for the quick pass, especially over the top to pacy forwards, seemed to be a player we saw as making us more effective against high-pressing teams. I think our urgent need is for the former. There again, having watched this WC, I think many Premiership managers may see set-pieces as a possible way forward to sneak wins against us in tight games.

We conceded fewer goals from set pieces than any other team in the premier league last season, so if teams want to target that area, that's perfect for us.

Also I think someone like Jorginho despite his own lack of pace does protect us on the break because if you have someone like him creating from deep, helping unlock defences, you don't need to over-commit the wingbacks, and we can keep them ready to snuff out counter-attacks.

Pep's Bayern Munich almost eliminated conceding on the counter attack in their third season, and it mostly came from cutting out loss of posession against teams like Klopp's pressing them.

Last edited:
Lazio have already turned down an offer in the region of 80 million + player for SMS, Pjanic was being touted at 80 or 90 earlier in the window and Kovacic has a 300 million euro release clause. We could easily end up spending twice the 45 million pound fee for Jorginho. And if we did go after SMS it could be 3x just as easily.

Or we could dip into the bargain bucket and get Lemina but given how desperate everyone knows we now are I bet Southampton would ask for at least the Jorginho fee.
Who the fuck is “desperate”? Well, apart from you

I think, and you guys might call me a cynic/crazy/paranoid, that the recent developments have brought a few WUMs and trolls to the thread.

There's definitely a worse than usual odor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.