World Cup 2018 | 11th July | SF: Croatia vs England Match Thread, KO 19:00 (BST)

GS has had 24 england games you tell me which result from those 24 stands out and says 'wow',,il tell you ''NONE'' because all of those games are versus sub standard opposition,,sorry mate ive been on this earth to long to be dished up excuse after excuse decade after decade, Southgate is nothing better or worse than the FA have employed over the last 30 years and all the media can talk about is his fucking waistcoat
Yeah, but that waistcoat is mint!!!

Can't agree with this - done really well with quite a limited group of players IMHO in a league where English players don't get much game time. Few things I would have done differently but he's cleared the decks, imposed a system, made us effective at set pieces, etc etc. A strong generation of better players to come through too.

I think the most positive thing to take out of this tournament is the way we tried to play a passing game.

First time in ages we've had a pattern of play that might actually bring results.

Like you say, there'll be players coming though between now and the next tournament who will slot into this system and improve us.

A World Cup semi-final isn't a bad start.

We were exhausted for so long. Even fresh pacey legs of Rashford and Vardy didnt do too much. We defended well for so long but a horrible goal to concede. Our limited midfield done well to get this far

At the end of the day we had the youngest squad at the tournament, important players missing out due to fitness/injury (Lallana and oxlade chamberlain, at least one would have played if not both). Fantastic to get this far, that gave everything but we weren't good enough to get to the final. If that's failure then success is a pipe dream.

In a few years, we'll have pickford, stones, alli, sterling, rashford (lol) and Kane in their prime, with foden, sessegnon, Alexander Arnold and a host of good players from youth level too. Futures looking okay for England.

Anyway, now it's back to proper football.

I think the most positive thing to take out of this tournament is the way we tried to play a passing game.

First time in ages we've had a pattern of play that might actually bring results.

Like you say, there'll be players coming though between now and the next tournament who will slot into this system and improve us.

A World Cup semi-final isn't a bad start.

And we picked the best players
Whether they are good enough or not they were the best we had

No injured players
No rooney type past it players
No shoehorning in lampard scholes gerrard etc

We played best players to best formation and fell short
No complaints here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.