Who now then?...

I think Kovacic would be a solid backup option but being realistic...If we not willing to pay 50-60mil for Jorginho, its unlikely we'd offer what it would take to sign this guy away from Madrid.....If we truely believe Pep can develop players and turn them into world class I still think Seri has the raw skill-set and Pep could help him reach the next level....young and cheap release clause so an easier transfer to complete......If the club has a budget for DM and not willing to break the bank to sign one.....35mil for Seri seems like a good option and so far he's still on the market...

John Stones?

He switched off for Croatia’s winning goal tonight.

Maybe he would flourish in a defensive midfield role.

Maguire is really good on the ball though, even if at first glance you might not expect that. Brings the ball out well, keeps it well and plays great passes.

I think he's brain dead with the ball tbh. No real composure and tends to get a rush of blood to the head. Laporte and Stonesy are lovely and calm and that's what Pep wants.

Gundogan can play there but then we would need someone to cover further up.. an 8 sort of is one option. Delph is second option. If we are short of time/cash. Not a fucking clue otherwise,I had never really reigistered Jorginho until we were linked with him.

Rakitic, Kovacic or Lemina would be my guess.
I'd bite your arm off to get Rakitic but if Barcelona were sniffing around Gundogan they'd probably want him in part exchange and rakitic is 30 while Gundogan is 27. I'm a huge Rakitic fan, but I'm not sure it's a realistic signing. I do think the premier league would have suited him though because he does have a physical edge to his game. Kovacic is probably more likely and definitely has the potential to become as good as Rakitic.

Gundogan can play there but then we would need someone to cover further up.. an 8 sort of is one option. Delph is second option. If we are short of time/cash. Not a fucking clue otherwise,I had never really reigistered Jorginho until we were linked with him.
I'm leaning toward buying another number 8 because I don't feel Gundogan has looked out of place when he has had to play the deeper role. On the other hand he definitely slows up our offensive play when he covers for Kev or Dave.

Kovacic is probably too of my list right now. Wish Rakitic were a couple of years younger. Could Kroos be looking for a new challenge? Maybe Pjanic?

Vidal would be great too, but also getting to the wrong side of 30 like Rakitic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.