Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely gutted to see England out tonight but it showed how good raheem is. As soon as he went off the threat went and I think all the media and the sheep who followed the ****s are actually catching on. Well played tonight raheem!

The threat went about 20 minutes before Raheem went off. As soon as the midfield started to tire, Croatia were able were able to get their wing backs forward, and all we could do was hoof gormless high balls downfield. We created virtually nothing after the break, but let’s not pretend it was because Raheem was taken off. He played ok last night and he had a pretty thankless task. Alli and Golden Boy were wank and we’d have been better off hooking one of them

Last edited:
Can't imagine how frustrated he gets when I'm screaming at the TV for Lingard or Alli to play him through when he's making countless runs in behind. Would have been out of sight in most games if we had KDB or anyone who can look up and pick a pass.

3 times he was swapped for Rashford, 3 times the performance suffered directly.

Not sure that bears much scrutiny. He went off with just a minute left to play against Sweden, and last night was absolutely academic because England dried up as an attacking threat within about 5 minutes of the 2nd half starting and all Sterling and Rashford had to feed off thereafter were gormless clumps downfield to no-one. Neither player did anything of note 2nd half, because our exhausted midfield wasn’t able to give them any decent ball, and if anyone was at fault it was Southgate. And playing Devil’s advocate, the score was tied 1-1 against Tunisia when Rashford came on and we won the game 2-1.
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think Sterling deserved to come off in any of our games particularly (last night the obvious sacrifice to me was Dele Alli, who was dogshite the entire tournament, with Raz dropping back to midfield, or failing that Golden Boy, who was awful in the knock out stages in general, should have been subbed), but neither do I think England’s performances suffered unduly when Rashford replaced him. Maybe we were marginally worse, but not much more than that. The reality is that, Panama aside, the whole team created very little from open play in any of our games, because we had a workaday midfield

Desperately needs a goal vs Belgium, so hopefully he’ll start
What he really needs is a nice holiday, get back to his club, play with some better quality players who understand his game and go from there.
England should get an influx of talented new players soon so Raheem's day is yet to come.

What he really needs is a nice holiday, get back to his club, play with some better quality players who understand his game and go from there.
England should get an influx of talented new players soon so Raheem's day is yet to come.

Foden will be 22 next World Cup!

Personally i hope he's no where near the pitch, I imagine 2 of Welbeck, Vardy & Rashford will play.

Feet up for 4 weeks Raz, you've earned it over the past 11 months

You reckon? Such is Harry Kane's fixation on individual scoring accolades, I expect he'll beg to play in that game so that he can have a bash at becoming the least impressive golden boot winner in history. Would at least paper over the cracks of what was ultimately quite a disappointing showing from him in the knockout stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.