Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

For the sloppy clearance? He did well to get in the way of the cross with tired legs, Maguire did that in the first half without as much pressure and with fresh legs... Hoddle and Clive said "England being a bit careless at the back" or something like that... I love that, when it's player they don't want to criticise it's an "England" mistake. :)

It's so transparent. When Trippier made that calamitous back pass that would have resulted in a goal if not for Stones getting back and just getting a nudge on it ahead of the striker, they would not mention it as a mistake at all, just joked about how calmly it was dealt with.

He wasn't amazing this tournament but he caused defences way more problems than any of our other attacking players. Seems like, just as with the Euros, the poor contributions of Alli and Kane will be erased from history. Maybe Kane was a little bit deprived of service but the one big chance he did have he fluffed. Sterling was nowhere near our worst performer at this tournament. Part of me wants him to sack it all off and let the actual poor performers get the scrutiny they deserve.

The nation's obsession with Rashford over Sterling needs to stop. Rashford didn't show anything when given an opportunity to suggest he's a better option than Sterling right now. Mourinho clearly isn't convinced either.

Taking Sterling off was a weird decision to me as Lingard just doesn't have the stamina to last extra time. That much was obvious in the Colombia game.

Hope our own fans can get behind him this season. He's a 23 year old kid who we see jeered and bullied by other fans week in week out for literally no reason and it's been going on for years. Its pretty shocking when you think about it. It's unbelievable when our own fans question his mental toughness when you think about the shit he gets non stop. He's one of the mentally toughest players we have and made a massive contribution last season.

Good post

everyone is playing the blame game, I've heard Kane getting slated, Alli, Sterling, Walker, Henderson, interestingly not much for Utd players Lingard (WHo I thought was more wasteful that Sterling over the tourny), Young who showed his age, Rashford who hasnt been as good as everyone keeps saying he is.

I think the guys did well getting as far as they did, a lot of ghosts laid to rest. Bodes well for the future.

Player of the tournament probably Trippier
Under performance was probably Alli. For all the talk about him he is way too inconsistent

It's so transparent. When Trippier made that calamitous back pass that would have resulted in a goal if not for Stones getting back and just getting a nudge on it ahead of the striker, they would not mention it as a mistake at all, just joked about how calmly it was dealt with.

Spurs player + Hoddle

everyone is playing the blame game, I've heard Kane getting slated, Alli, Sterling, Walker, Henderson, interestingly not much for Utd players Lingard (WHo I thought was more wasteful that Sterling over the tourny), Young who showed his age, Rashford who hasnt been as good as everyone keeps saying he is.

I think the guys did well getting as far as they did, a lot of ghosts laid to rest. Bodes well for the future.

Player of the tournament probably Trippier
Under performance was probably Alli. For all the talk about him he is way too inconsistent

Trippier, Stones or Maguire to me, probably Maguire.
Alli just didn't look fit from early on.

The rest - well the team were above expectations for cohesion, but the same problems reared against good sides. Overload the wingbacks => no width => no threat as the opponent centrehalves don't have options to worry about. No midfielder schemer (Lallana, the rarely fit Wilshere seem our best options, so the cupboard is bare), no left foot in attack, only one combative centre mid on the pitch at a time (Henderson), asking Alli to defend on the flank (!), Kane playing in midfield...

I wouldn't point anything at one or two players. It's the flaws in 352 exposed as we didn't have options. When the kids are a bit older (Foden, Sancho, Loftus-Cheek), they may be able to offset the flaws.

Not sure if quoted but Hoddle last night was at his worst.
Sterling had made a run through but didn't receive the ball and ended up just wide of the goal ,it came to Lingard who had a free shot from 18 yards but hit it wide.
Hoddle said good chance that Sterling could have been in Lingards way!!!!!!

Not sure if quoted but Hoddle last night was at his worst.
Sterling had made a run through but didn't receive the ball and ended up just wide of the goal ,it came to Lingard who had a free shot from 18 yards but hit it wide.
Hoddle said good chance that Sterling could have been in Lingards way!!!!!!

Modern football is lost on not just some pundits but the imbeciles who constantly slag Sterling off on social media.

Lets do a scenario example from the Kane effort when he should have squared the ball to Raz for a tap to make us go 2-0 up

Imagine if the roles had been reversed, Sterling is in Kane's position and Kane is free in the box wanting the ball squared. Sterling takes the shot on and the whole situation pans out the same as it did last night

Just imagine the roasting sterling would be getting but mr captain untouchable wont get none

Give Fat Sam his due he called it out this morning along with Stuart Pearce on Talksport

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.