Mateo Kovacic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our transfer policy raises too many questions. Jorginho and Kovacic don’t even play the same midfield roles, so how the fuck can one be an alternative to the other? We need a pivot, refuse to pay a little bit more for the best one available and then instead move onto a more expensive player that doesn’t play as a pivot. Fucked up strategy this.
Neither did Mendy and Delph. But thatst all water under the bridge now.

Not to mention, Kova actually does play the 6 often. So this won't be as far a cry as you are making it at all.

We now only require one or two top top players to improve our squad....but they obviously must have exceptional qualities. Why therefore should we be buying a player who is only a permanent substitute for both club and country.....do not believe this.

Oh dear god another person who has seen a Tifo football video and played football manager and thinks they know everything.

If you actually understood the video you've just posted you'd realise there's no way Jorginho either is or would be a Pirlo style regista in our team, and it's making a distinction where one doesn't exist. Fernandinho does everything a "regista" does, but he's also the defensive midfielder. So does Jorginho. So does Busquets.

These are defensive midfielders. Yes they direct and control the game, and create from deep, but they do it as defensive midfielders or holding midfielders, or pivots, whatever you want to call them.

When your argument is reduced to disparaging the person your in discussion with your position is in trouble.
Hence I wont go there and will try to keep it polite.
You have actually reiterated quite a lot of what I have actually said.
However, some of what your saying does not make sense at all.

On one hand youve stated that I dont understand the video and that I dont realize that "there's no way Jorginho either is or would be a Pirlo style regista in our team, and it's making a distinction where one doesn't exist".
Yet it is you not me who is confusingly making distinctions with reference to a Pirlo style regista. I have not mentioned Pirlo once to you, I think.
Further I don't understand what your on about a regista is a regista.
There aint no Joey Barton style regista, Jan Mobly style regista or Jamie Pollock style regista

Just simply a regista. Which is a deep lying playmaker

I have previously clarified my awareness of how Fern carries out the regista role so that does not restating here.
However, where you are wrong is that whilst Fern does do everything a regista does he does not do it all well, particularly with focus upon the deep lying play making and to an extent press resistant responsibilities of the role.
Hence the reason why the club feel they need to prioritize a deep lying playmaker in that role.

Where I differ from you is that I try not to take cheap shots or manipulate information to suit my argument when I feel my position is at best flaky.
Instead I would leave this question to rest of the thread based upon the argument you have advanced.
The question is whether it is felt Jorghinio with his lack of pace, aggression and mobility is able to match the defensive cover Fern provides when he is sitting in that Regista role for City.
He may well be able to time will tell but on the basis of what I have observed, I think he would struggle to which may impact on both the fluidity and solidity of our style of play.

That's one way to beat a press. But If you have someone who's as supremely good at dribbling in close spaces then it's an alternate route to doing it.
It appears that it’s an alternate route that our manager very much doesn’t prefer.

When your argument is reduced to disparaging the person your in discussion with your position is in trouble.
Hence I wont go there and will try to keep it polite.
You have actually reiterated quite a lot of what I have actually said.
However, some of what your saying does not make sense at all.

On one hand youve stated that I dont understand the video and that I dont realize that "there's no way Jorginho either is or would be a Pirlo style regista in our team, and it's making a distinction where one doesn't exist".
Yet it is you not me who is confusingly making distinctions with reference to a Pirlo style regista. I have not mentioned Pirlo once to you, I think.
Further I don't understand what your on about a regista is a regista.
There aint no Joey Barton style regista, Jan Mobly style regista or Jamie Pollock style regista

Just simply a regista. Which is a deep lying playmaker

I have previously clarified my awareness of how Fern carries out the regista role so that does not restating here.
However, where you are wrong is that whilst Fern does do everything a regista does he does not do it all well, particularly with focus upon the deep lying play making and to an extent press resistant responsibilities of the role.
Hence the reason why the club feel they need to prioritize a deep lying playmaker in that role.

Where I differ from you is that I try not to take cheap shots or manipulate information to suit my argument when I feel my position is at best flaky.
Instead I would leave this question to rest of the thread based upon the argument you have advanced.
The question is whether it is felt Jorghinio with his lack of pace, aggression and mobility is able to match the defensive cover Fern provides when he is sitting in that Regista role for City.
He may well be able to time will tell but on the basis of what I have observed, I think he would struggle to which may impact on both the fluidity and solidity of our style of play.

So your entire argument essentially boils down to "Guardiola spent 6 months pursuing someone who couldn't hack it in England", while trying to make meaningless distinctions between deep lying playmakers vs. Registas vs defensive midfielders which simply don't exist.

Nobody is arguing about Jorginho’s lack of speed or mobility. That is irrelevant to the fact that he will play as the DM in our team.
I cant think of one prem team who has a midfielder with his lack of pace and mobility playing at the base of their midfield.
It is not irrelevant because within the prem without a silva or debruyne kind of pace or mobility, he may play as a dm, but he may also do it badly.
What is possibly irrelevant though is the nature of the discussion because he may not even sign for city.

So your entire argument essentially boils down to "Guardiola spent 6 months pursuing someone who couldn't hack it in England", while making distinctions about deep lying playmakers vs. Registas vs defensive midfielders which don't exist.
Remember, Pep’s style of play will never succeed in England. The Premier League requires pace, power, and direct play. Any style based on possession tactics won’t work on cold, wet nights etc.

So your entire argument essentially boils down to "Guardiola spent 6 months pursuing someone who couldn't hack it in England"
Its just that on this one Im very sceptical about what his impact may be.
At the end of the day he has not been tested so you may well be right when he comes to the prem and rips it the fuck up, but I dont know.
As for Pep, I absolutely love him, hes an innovator, a genius.
But we saw it in his first season, not all down to him and was more about personnel but that pursuit of his purist ideals can be his Achilles heal.
Not often mind you but it does happen.
Now and again I think we should be able to query where Pep is coming from.
I can see what he is trying to do looking at Jorghinio, Im in absolute full agreement with you about the kind of player he wants to put in there.
The only difference we have is that I think we need a better balance of both worlds in respect of whoever he puts at the base of our midfield is able to offer balance of playmaking press resistant qualities in addition to providing a robust defensive screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.