Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite like the intrigue.....better than nothing happening. Let’s not turn on ourselves through frustration though.

Completely fed up with this transfer, lets just kick it into touch.
How does one get fed up with something that doesn’t affect them? I’m genuinely intrigued on what way you are fed up with it.
I’m fed up with my chronic knee pain, massively fed up with it. But a transfer? I can’t see how a person can get fed up with that.

We;ll bugger me I thought this transfer was dead and buried as far as we are concerned only to find lies, deceit, twists and turns this isn't series 8 for GOT is it? :-)
Think we need to turn it into something more like Gomorrah (worth watching if you havent seen it), if they dont stop pissing us about.

Hopefully we will sign him.

If we do, and once he has signed, City should inform Napoli we will never do business with them again.

Thus denying them our money and another opportunity to use us to up the price of one of their players.

C***'s!

Hopefully we will sign him.

If we do, and once he has signed, City should inform Napoli we will never do business with them again.

Thus denying them our money and another opportunity to use us to up the price of one of their players.

C***'s!

Haha, I very much doubt we'd ever say that to them. Business is business. Not always easy.

It certainly looks as if this ship has sailed, if it wasn't for City's response, which feels unnecessarily belligerent. If we genuinely felt out of the running, we'd not have briefed journalists yesterday that things weren't over yet.

Without having any inside knowledge, I can see two reasons for the briefing:

1) There is genuinely some hope, the player and agent were bounced into this and could still walk away from Chelsea. This feels unlikely to me. Reports of contract details / medical in London don't sound like a player who has ruled out going to Chelsea and will tell Napoli that.

2) We've been gazumped à la Sanchez. We had a gentleman's agreement with the player and the agent, and the agent kept City on the dark about the Chelsea approach. Txiki and co briefed journalists yesterday to make it absolutely clear what happening, in order to lay the blame at the agent's door. Why? They want to send a signal to other players and agents that there will be consequences for stringing them along - they won't do business in the future, and will call out the agents publicly by damaging their core commodity - a club's trust that you can do business with them. I suppose there is a small chance this could result in Jorginho and his agent coming to City after all, but I think that's pretty unlikely. City are just trying to get some benefit from this situation by making it crystal clear that the agent stiffed us after reaching an agreement and that they'll be blacklisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.