Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a killer imo if he is at Chelsea. Fernandinho Gundogan and Delph ( i think he may be called upon a few times in the front of the defence) between them are more than enough. If Zinchenko stays i would be interested to see how he can handle that position even.

Either way we are not desperate to fill a spot that has a gaping lack of quality so it really doesn't fuss me much. If we had nobody for the position then yeah i'd be flapping a bit at the prospect of a really bad "make do" setup for that position.

He should do well with Chelsea, certainly a good mark of intent to fight back hard after dropping off the pace a bit. The sort of stuff Arsenal should be doing imo but don't seem to be.
Arsenal been very active in the transfer window. The players they are going for are not high profile but doesn't mean to say they will fail.

We aren't some Mecca of football. Chelsea have an appeal whether you believe it or not.

Perhaps it's not the money and it's loyalty to Sarri that's motivated him?

I'm staggered by how many "can't believe he's done this to us" when he doesn't have any loyalty or affection towards us or Pep. How very dare he not come to City, we don't deserve to be snubbed.
Haha good post. The bloke has absolutely no affiliation to City in any way and owes us nothing despite us showing interest. Always makes me wonder what regard fans think everyone holds their club in. There's a host of good clubs across loads of top cities who are coached by top coaches who can offer good football in a good league on good money, just the same as City can. Yes, we are the Champions, but Chelsea were the champions the season before and two seasons before that and they're getting a manager he knows and who plays good footy. He might look at Kante and think "well i can play football the coach wants miles better than he can so i'll get straight in Chelsea's team" whereas he might look at us and think "well i'll be in competition with Fernandinho and Gundogan at City, i might not play every week"...

only ourselves to blame, we had weeks to close the deal.

Its all very baffling to be fair and who is to blame for this if we go off whats said all agreed with Napoli 15 days ago and everything done contract wise concerning agent/player so what the hell has happened within those 15 days is any bodys guess.

Yes-sadly player power wins these days doesn't it? Poor Bobby Manc was a victim of this.
A good manager always carries people by capturing their hearts and minds. Whether Bobby manc was victim or villain is impossible to say unless you were there.

Its all very baffling to be fair and who is to blame for this if we go off whats said all agreed with Napoli 15 days ago and everything done contract wise concerning agent/player so what the hell has happened within those 15 days is any bodys guess.
He might have just looked at the Sarri situation and thought that he'd edge a bet elsewhere and see what deal he could get in case Sarri didn't go to Chelsea

Haha good post. The bloke has absolutely no affiliation to City in any way and owes us nothing despite us showing interest. Always makes me wonder what regard fans think everyone holds their club in. There's a host of good clubs across loads of top cities who are coached by top coaches who can offer good football in a good league on good money, just the same as City can. Yes, we are the Champions, but Chelsea were the champions the season before and two seasons before that and they're getting a manager he knows and who plays good footy. He might look at Kante and think "well i can play football the coach wants miles better than he can so i'll get straight in Chelsea's team" whereas he might look at us and think "well i'll be in competition with Fernandinho and Gundogan at City, i might not play every week"...
That's all very fair, but just one thing...

We aren't just the champions, we're THE champions. You cannot compare Conte/Sarri to Pep, you cannot compare us to Chelsea last year. It's not quite the same.

My take on the Jorginho saga: as long as BBC or Skysports doesn't announce anything or even mentioning "Jorginho" and "medical" in the same sentence, we're good. There's been so many rumours around this guy for so long. Nothing is correct. I really hope he goes to City. He has praised Pep as a global icon and they had a deal a few weeks ago. Why would he suddenly go to Chelsea? Also, I used google translate for an article in italian calcio 24, in which Jorginho says goodbye and salute Sarri. Why would he do that if he were to join him at Chelsea? ah what a mess this is...

There's a hell of a lot of flapping on this thread. You'd think most of you were all 12 year olds the way you post.

Napoli, as a company, are duty bound to get the best price for their players, if and when they leave. If we agree terms with a player and then another club come in with a better bid, Napoli, and every other club in the world, would take the higher bid. It's sensible economics and no ones fault.

We lose out due to our ceiling? No biggie, there are other players out there that would suit the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.