World Cup 2018 | 11th July | SF: Croatia vs England Match Thread, KO 19:00 (BST)

Baiting Sterling became a national past time for the Daily Mail / Sun readers.

Sterling was used as a supply line to Kane. He'd drop back and collect the ball from the defence and carry it forward. He had a different role in the Croatia game where he had the Croat defence on toast but it didn't last.

You're right about the England midfield. Useless. This is the most limited England side I can ever remember. Gazza, Beardsley, Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Beckham, Owen, Shearer, Waddle, Cole, Des Walker, Keegan, Brooking, Robson. Those were footballers who could play. The current England midfield don't hold a candle to such players.

most of those players did absolutely nothing for England and got us nowhere. id rather have a team of lesser quality players that show fight and put everything in then a bunch of entitled players who think they are the best thing. i think it massively helped us having a team, rather then a bunch of individuals.

england really did play well throughout this tournament. I've never seen town/ the pubs as packed and people as excited before. its all you could hear on the train and walking about. they should be proud of what they did and they really brought the country together.

They delivered a brand of football that was watchable. It makes a huge difference.

That angle is deceptive.

It could have been cut out by the two Croatian defenders before it even got to Sterling.

He's entitled to go for goal from there.

Kanes just a greedy bastard who only thinks of personal glory.
He rarely passes and shoots all the time..
No way would he pass up a chance to score however difficult the angle, he fucked up a simple pass to a team mate.

FIFA investigating possible discriminatory chanting by England fans last night. If it's proven, those "fans" should be left out there.

apparently singing no surrender, but to be fair who exactly is that discriminating against ? the ira ?.im not saying i agree with chanting that btw.

apparently singing no surrender, but to be fair who exactly is that discriminating against ? the ira ?.im not saying i agree with chanting that btw.
Well; "no surrender" is normally aimed at the IRA. But seeing as we weren't playing Ireland last night, I'm not sure who that was aimed at. The EU, maybe? Again, hard to see it being the case.

France are better than England

Over the last 28 months people seem to use the word ‘bottle’ when the reality is the other team is better

Spurs didn’t ‘bottle’ the FA Cup semi V United, United were just better. Similar to us V Liverpool in the CL
That Croatia team wasn't better though we should have been 2-0 up at half time?

Stupid comment.

We were exposed due to a lack of creativity and quality in midfield , where Croatia have the likes of Modric and Rakatic , and a failure to take chances when we were on top in the first half.

The team didn't lose due to.a lack of effort but due to the lack of better quality personnel.
Sorry but I think Roy Keane actually got it right for once our players were thinking about the open top bus before they'd won it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.