Welcome Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
After leaving, he is then quoted (correectly or incorrectly) as saying:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/.../maguire-mahrez-leicester-city-united-1781013

Not the smartest thing to say?

thanks for posting this report..

Its great to read he is still hungry to improve and show what he can do! You sometimes worry a player takes a step back after getting a big payday but the lad seems genuinely hungry to keep gettin better, exciting to see what he can do in this team this season. As for the comments on Maguire, I think he was just trying to pay the lad a compliment, dont think it was meant as a dig at Leicester.

Mahrez...

"I'm confident I can help the team," Mahrez said. "I showed in the last three years in the Premier League that I deserve to play at the highest level and now I have to show it."

Delighted with this signing. Confident he'll be a regular in our first XI and the PFA Team of the Year over the next five years.

In a cringy sort of way. I won’t be wearing a overcoat over my city top though.
i get that, but I’ve noticed a trend in our thing at recently that are heavily aimed at kids/teens. I think they’re focusing on the next generation to get them in.
But it does seem we do leave ourselves open to mocking quite frequently so I know where you’re coming from

Ali Benarbia on Mahrez joining City: "Everyone in Algeria has been waiting for Mahrez to move to a really big club to see the next stage of his development."
Ali Benarbia: "The whole of Algeria is very excited at his move and you will see Algerian flags at the Etihad Stadium next season, without a doubt with many people in his country supporting him."

After leaving, he is then quoted (correectly or incorrectly) as saying:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/.../maguire-mahrez-leicester-city-united-1781013

Not the smartest thing to say?

"Of course he deserves to play higher but Leicester are a good club as well, so let's see. He'll have to decide."

The fact he start the sentence with "Of course" suggests it was a leading question that the reported asked rather than Marhez saying "He should jump ship as they're crap", and to be fair to Marhez, he quite clearly states Leicester are a good club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.