Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the very definition of a WUM posting something to get a reaction. As for the whole episode De Launentis has shown his dislike for our club time and time again and dealing with him was always going to be problematic and I wonder if we just a little under prepared for the shenanigans and machinations which were always going to be in play. Lessons to be learned and move on.

So you're actually agreeing with True Blue then ;)

...De Launentis has shown his dislike for our club time and time again and dealing with him was always going to be problematic and I wonder if we just a little under prepared for the shenanigans and machinations which were always going to be in play. Lessons to be learned and move on.

Could you expand a bit in what way exactly someone can be prepared for what you call machinations if your counterparts don't stick to agreements?
Thanks mate.

Key in a transfer is what the player wants.
It seems City did have an agreement with Jorginho first, otherwise it wouldn't make any sense to step into negotiations.

If the player has agreed - and he sticks to his words - you talk to his club to negotiate a deal.

That would be piss easy no matter if it's Lewy, Wenger or Laurentiis - if the player sticks to his word. Not like Sanchez.

If the player changes his opinion 180 degrees also Txiki might not be surprised as it will happen as long as humans exist.
City's briefing just wanted to point out that there WAS an agreement with Jorginho and that Laurentiiiiis was simply talking bollox.

There is only one person who can clarify the situation and that is Jorginho himself.
But he doesn't.

Seriously?

What part of other clubs thinking we aren't in control of our transfers do you think is a good thing?

Reputation is everything, as our owners continually attempt to stress.

The debate isn't about our integrity, it's about people employed on behalf of our club to do their jobs correctly, using their supposed expertise.

Txiki can get it wrong, the people paid to protect and advise him and our other negotiators, their job is not to advertise they might have got it wrong in the first place.

Sorry for me labouring my point, but I would expect to be sacked if I had chosen to brief such a thing, when simply advising saying nothing and playing with a straight bat would have avoided any possible outcome of the transfer.

Well I don't think anybody will be sacked do you really think anyone will? As for the reputation of the club I'm sure we will still find the odd club willing to do business with us. You being such a great expert on transfer dealings I'm sure you could teach the club how to get a transfer over the line or how to deal with the media because according to you at the moment the club are acting amateurish and keep dropping bollocks. How do you think this so called damage to our reputation will impact the club going forward?

Last edited:
Too demanding I think. What do you think?

Vinnie is not the answer. I'm sure he could do a job there in an emergency but that's it. Also, we seem to be looking to a player who offers can do the regista piece and that sure as sh1t ain't Vinnie.

Jorginho deal is clearly dead in the water. All very strange and I agree with Tolm that the PR has been badly handled on this one. However, the most important thing is to find and secure a suitable alternative PDQ. Unfortunately that might mean getting someone who won't be immediately available to play, which would have been a bonus of signing Jorginho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.