Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I don't think anybody will be sacked do you really think anyone will? As for the reputation of the club I'm sure we will still find the odd club willing to do business with us. You being such a great expert on transfer dealings I'm sure you could teach the club how to get a transfer over the line or how to deal with the media because according to you at the moment the club are acting amateurish and keep dropping bollocks. How do you think this do called damage to our reputation will impact the club going forward?

Tolm can defend himself but your sarcasm is not warranted. TH's opinion that a PR mess up has occurred seems reasonable to me.

Whether or not anyone has screwed up the actual handling of the transfer itself at City's end is open to speculation. Things won't always go smoothly but we do have an unfortunate habit of delivering fruitless transfer sagas.

Could you expand a bit in what way exactly someone can be prepared for what you call machinations if your counterparts don't stick to agreements?
Thanks mate.

Key in a transfer is what the player wants.
It seems City did have an agreement with Jorginho first, otherwise it wouldn't make any sense to step into negotiations.

If the player has agreed - and he sticks to his words - you talk to his club to negotiate a deal.

That would be piss easy no matter if it's Lewy, Wenger or Laurentiis - if the player sticks to his word. Not like Sanchez.

If the player changes his opinion 180 degrees also Txiki might not be surprised as it will happen as long as humans exist.
City's briefing just wanted to point out that there WAS an agreement with Jorginho and that Laurentiiiiis was simply talking bollox.

There is only one person who can clarify the situation and that is Jorginho himself.
But he doesn't.

No straightforward answer really you try to envisage the person you are dealing with in business from past dealings and the likely path they are likely to take to get their overall satisfaction with the deal, I am in Capital Sales for machinery and have a bead on on what my customers/supplier are going to want and how they want to get it, verbal agreement means little at the time and in football even less it would seem. If as a business you have been stuffed over more than once by the same buyer/supplier you prepare to do as little business with them again as possible if you can avoid it but be maybe be a bit more forceful if you have to again in the future.

Well we've let our top 2 targets for that position go, not saying we're not trying but from what it sounds we've been haggling over a few million which in reality isn't much for a club like ours

But we had reached an agreement with the player and the club according to the reports , so no need to " haggle over a few million " surely ?

If Napoli have returned and said Chelsea have offered £ X , do you want to match it , I might accept your argument , but I haven't seen a report of anything of that nature unless I have missed it ?

I am sure Pogba and Sanchez apart we have gone 600 plus pages without us signing the player talked about
I admired ADUG,s patience when dealing with the contrived FFPR and the patient way our owner invested in both infrastructure and players to achieve the success we have today.
Others tried to screw their plans via cartel influenced rule changes but they responded with self sufficiency.
I wonder what our owners think has changed to make them trust just the word of any football club let alone one with the reputation of ADL as their owner.

Tolm can defend himself but your sarcasm is not warranted. TH's opinion that a PR mess up has occurred seems reasonable to me.

Whether or not anyone has screwed up the actual handling of the transfer itself at City's end is open to speculation. Things won't always go smoothly but we do have an unfortunate habit of delivering fruitless transfer sagas.

I know I have committed a bluemoon sin by disagreeing with TH but let's be honest if the club have messed up this time or many times we are not doing to badly. So many people willing to put down the club, I know who I trust to run the club and get it right and it's not any of the bluemoon experts.

The truly odd thing for me is that by now it should have been inevitable that our interest in another player would've leaked. Not saying that it would be purposeful (although that's a tool every club uses) or someone speaking to a press member when they shouldn't, but it's been days. For it to be this quiet with us and Chelsea so tight-lipped is notable, I think. Also, I should use the standard disclaimer I'm not nor have I ever claimed to be ITK. I'm only saying it's odd.

I think he used to be a midfielder & not being “last man” might help him avoid the lunging injuries. Just a thought
When clueless signal Kompany he came as a defensive midfielder. Hardly played in that position for us. I don't think Vinny is the answer considering his injuries and age.

I think both Stones and Delph to be a better option to deputise Fernandinho than Gundogan.Gundy has been tried there but he looks reluctant to fully commit to tackling for fear of getting injured again.

I know I have committed a bluemoon sin by disagreeing with TH but let's be honest if the club have messed up this time or many times we are not doing to badly. So many people willing to put down the club, I know who I trust to run the club and get it right and it's not any of the bluemoon experts.

Nobody has even for one second insinuated that we are doing badly. Its just possible for some posters to be able to admit that the club are not perfect and certainly seem to have made a right hash of their media handling on this one if nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.