Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
You aren't offering anything to the actual conversation in question, just trying to make it personal.

I feel more than qualified to comment on perceived PR mistakes and the wider media, whether it be City or Ryanair for that matter.

City get plenty wrong, even if some find it an affront to say so.

If those mistakes keep happening, then people are hopefully held accountable.

We all get things wrong from time to time, but me personally am more than happy with the way the club is run and the people running it.
I will agree with you that it may have been a PR mistake but I disagree with you that it will do any real damage to the club's reputation going forward. I apologise if I made it personal I am just a bit pissesd off with all the post over the last few days lambasting the club. I'm sure we all want this saga completed one way or the other as soon as possible. As for the player himself I am indifferent as I have not seen enough of him to know what we are potentially missing out on. I am sure that if we are not still working on this deal we will be working on others.

The only problem I see it, is we have no good alternatives now.
Jorginho: Chelsea
Fred: United

Two month ago, we could have picked any of them and close the deal. But there's some kind of cowboy-sh*t going on at City. They are over-confident, and now we will sign someone who is not as good fit. It's really a shame. Jorginho would have been too good.

Sky sources reporting it now. Almost done ... just want city to move on already. Agree with everyone here our press briefing made us look like mugs..

We all get things wrong from time to time, but me personally am more than happy with the way the club is run and the people running it.
I will agree with you that it may have been a PR mistake but I disagree with you that it will do any real damage to the club's reputation going forward. I apologise if I made it personal I am just a bit pissesd off with all the post over the last few days lambasting the club. I'm sure we all want this saga completed one way or the other as soon as possible. As for the player himself I am indifferent as I have not seen enough of him to know what we are potentially missing out on. I am sure that if we are not still working on this deal we will be working on others.

It's all good, mate. It just pisses me off because our owners pay a lot of qualified people to make sure they do their jobs correctly in the first place.

I agree, too many people want an opportunity to stick it to Txiki, but I'm not one of them.

I'm sure Pep has already moved on.

Cue our shoddy PR team probably already now spinning a face-saving line and trying to get it out there.

That job would have been a helluva lot easier if they had not dismissed the possibility yesterday that Chelsea's interest was true.

Last edited:
extremely disappointing, DM position arguably needed addressing last summer but we decided to extend Yaya's contract instead, so this summer to miss out on Jorginho and Fred is disappointing.

Not obvious alternatives out there really.

Spot on

It's all good, mate. It just pisses me off because our owners pay a lot of qualified people to make sure they do their jobs correctly in the first place.

I agree, too many people want an opportunity to stick it to Txiki, but I'm not one of them.

I'm sure Pep has already moved on.

Do you think we'll go for someone else, Tolm, or just stick with what we have?

IMO we need cover in defensive mid, so hope we go for someone.

Really thought Jorginho was perfect for us, as I've watched a lot of Serie A last season.

I do not think that football transfer negotiations are much different than any other sector of industry.
You are very lucky if you don't have competition and price plays a major part of any order mainly because the vendors representative has to justify any reason to accept lower offers or tenders.
Multi million pound transactions are particularly sensitive and frankly ADL would be seen as incompetent if he had accepted our bid without a second offer to demonstrate his choice. Since he knew we had a maximum he has simply used our bid to demonstrate a better deal for Napoli and his former player.
The usual auction did not take place because we were City and not United against Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.