Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Seen several comments from people on social media saying that "Rashford looked dangerous when he came on". I've asked each to be a bit more specific as how he looked dangerous, what he did that was dangerous and whether they meant dangerous to the opposition or to his own team mates. It's been some hours now and, as of yet, no ones got back to me .... maybe they're still compiling their list!

Again, media driven. Rashford is deemed a great player yet can’t get in United’s side and in the one game he played for England he was rubbish and missed an relatively easy 1-1.

That's like saying Joe Hart's golden glove awards means he is world class. Kane is similar to Lukaku in that he will score goals against the shit teams and occasionally against the better teams. He won't as things stand be the player to score goals on a regular basis in big European games against the better teams. He isn't that quick, isn't that good in the air for someone so tall and is a greedy sod. All he is interested in is himself - remember him trying to claim a goal because he thought he would be premier top goal scorer? As poor as I think Mandzukic is he would be in my team before Kane.
On the ball he looks slow cos his head's quick imo. Bit like Zidane or Yaya, Edin Dzeko too. I think everyone's getting a bit carried away with him but he's got the potential to be up there.

Watched the semi on a P&O cruise ship. Average age 65 and nearly all British. Not one real criticism of Sterling while we were winning as soon as Croatia score , the get him off shouts started. Up to this point I thought he was our most dangerous player and was giving us an out when under pressure. Rashford was cheered from the rafters when he came on yet no criticism of him was heard, the crowd just fell silent. I think the debate was over and they had just realised. To be honest Sterling deseves better from the public and most of the trash media but I doubt he will get it. Roll on next season when he can show them what he can do - again

With 2 goals in 43 games, Sterling now has the exact same amount of caps and goals as Martin Keown got for England

There's your first mistake. The comments sections on Facebook/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram are where the proper thick ****s of society dwell. Conversing with people in those comment sections should be rule #1 for Bluemooners to completely avoid.

I would say avoiding those comment sections is a bigger rule than not reading gutter press articles. If Einstein, Darwin, Shakeapear and Newton were having a conversation by that top lift shaft you can see on those new Owen Street Towers, the comments sectioons on social media are down near the grid in the road. It is full of complete and utter idiots!

You're absolutely correct of course, it's just that sometimes I can't help myself and, even though I'm telling myself "leave it be" ... I take the bait!

There's your first mistake. The comments sections on Facebook/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram are where the proper thick ****s of society dwell. Conversing with people in those comment sections should be rule #1 for Bluemooners to completely avoid.

I would say avoiding those comment sections is a bigger rule than not reading gutter press articles. If Einstein, Darwin, Shakeapear and Newton were having a conversation by that top lift shaft you can see on those new Owen Street Towers, the comments sectioons on social media are down near the grid in the road. It is full of complete and utter idiots!

I know mate..but the red mist prevailed and I bit. Thinking back now he was probably jumping with joy that someone had bit and had his couple of days in the sun being noticed. However I fully enjoyed showing this cretin what he was

Nothing to do with hostility but more the lack of service he thrives on from Leroy, David and Kev, he's head must drop the minute Henderson gets the ball as he knows he's got to sprint 50 yards and he may as well sit down once Alli gets it as he only looks for Kane.
So how do you explain the finishing then? He needs to finish by instinct. He's too careful in an England shirt and I feel the criticism has affected his game.

He's had opportunities in this World Cup and in previous England games which he has missed. Mentality is key in sport and I believe the criticism has affected him wit the result that England fans see a lesser player.

I agree with your point about the quality of the England midfield compared to City. Night and day, but I don't think that's entirely it.

So how do you explain the finishing then? He needs to finish by instinct. He's too careful in an England shirt and I feel the criticism has affected his game.

He's had opportunities in this World Cup and in previous England games which he has missed. Mentality is key in sport and I believe the criticism has affected him wit the result that England fans see a lesser player.

I agree with your point about the quality of the England midfield compared to City. Night and day, but I don't think that's entirely it.
He might only get the one chance with England and if he fluffs it (regardless of difficulty) then that's what they'll concentrate on. At City he's always going to have more chances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.