World Cup 2018 | 14th July | Third Place: Belgium vs England, KO 15:00 (BST)

Southgate says he's going to make as few changes as possible, which is hopefully just bollocks. If any City players play in the game I'll be fuming tbh, absolute waste of time and huge injury risk considering the shift they put in against Croatia and France. If anyone on either team gets injured their club managers will have every right to be incredibly pissed off. I have no idea why this game even exists, no one gives a shit, no one wants to play in it and no one remembers it. You could genuinely make a pub quiz about who won the 3rd plae play off at every world cup and I doubt anyone would get more than a couple right

Southgate says he's going to make as few changes as possible, which is hopefully just bollocks. If any City players play in the game I'll be fuming tbh, absolute waste of time and huge injury risk considering the shift they put in against Croatia and France. If anyone on either team gets injured their club managers will have every right to be incredibly pissed off. I have no idea why this game even exists, no one gives a shit, no one wants to play in it and no one remembers it. You could genuinely make a pub quiz about who won the 3rd plae play off at every world cup and I doubt anyone would get more than a couple right

Dier, Trippier, 'Arry and Dirty Alli will be rested, along with Pickford. The starting eleven will be Stonesy, Kyle, Raheem and the Fabulous Delph and the Seven Dwarfs. Raheem takes Pickford's place in net.

A nothing match, neither side caring about the outcome. I wish that these two teams were in the final instead.

Strange WC - with many unexpected results. Still the most talented team on paper - France - has reached the final w/o playing particularly well. Croatia came out of nowhere.

The brackets were poorly arranged too - it shouldn't be possible that most of the top seeds regardless of finishing first or second in the group stage should all end up in the same side of the bracket. IMO this needs to be changed - for example, men's college basketball in the USA avoids this sort of stupidity.
Complete nonsense I'm afraid. If Spain had beaten Russia and Germany topped their group we'd have had a final 8 of:
France, Uruguay, Brazil, Belgium, Spain, Croatia, Germany and England.
That's a fairly strong last 8 but it's nonsensical to change the format because some big teams underperformed

Does anyone here values the 3rd place trophy in a World Cup tournament ?
Smaller countries definitely does. Sweden taking bronze in 1994 is still huge here and while it would be very big and impressive with finishing the WC with going out in the semis to Brazil, winning the last game and earning a medal tops that easily. Strange seeing so many englishmen saying it’s a nothing game and all that. It’s not like you’ve been spoiled with success. Earning a medal and winning your final WC game would be a big success for you guys.

I have a feeling Southgate will show the numpties how wrong they were and show them an England game where Rashford starts over Sterling... again, without the excuses this time. Not that they wont still make the excuses for him individually and more importantly STILL miss the difference in the way the team dynamic changes for the worse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.