Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mendy played as a wingback in a 3-5-2 before he tore his ACL. Up the pitch as you described.
End of the season he came in as a LB like for like in a back 4 for 15 mins each, playing much deeper. Both is possible.
If he plays 30 yards further up in a back 4 we will have to cover that huge hole as a team, a DM alone is not able to.

Pep will be aware I guess.

Sorry but you seem to be quite deliberately missing the point.

You simply cannot compare the defensive help in midfield offered by Delph and Mendy tracking back, it's blindingly obvious there's a major difference. Also in each of Mendy's cameo appearances at the end of last season he got caught up the pitch - that's the kind of left back he is and - you can't be hitting the byline to cross and be offering defensive cover in midfield at the same time.

Some feel on the forum that they have to defend the clubs actions in this matter its mad we all love the club dearly Its a big part of all our lives and yet on certain subjects it can get personal infact very naughty indeed After Alves and Sanchez the club came out explained it and it was accepted i am positive the club give a brief comment when he does infact sign for them. it helps because we are all not itk of all the facts i was upset because its a player we needed for a position we needed but i agree the words STRENGTHEN from a posItion of STRENGTH has got to me Finally how would we feel if roles were reversed they had been chasing him for months, being told it was imminent and we come in and sign him you know the Nasri feeling Were on the wrong side of it this so some of us are miffed its football life goes on But please not forget as regards the club we are all on one side goodnight Jimbob

Some feel on the forum that they have to defend the clubs actions in this matter its mad we all love the club dearly Its a big part of all our lives and yet on certain subjects it can get personal infact very naughty indeed After Alves and Sanchez the club came out explained it and it was accepted i am positive the club give a brief comment when he does infact sign for them. it helps because we are all not itk of all the facts i was upset because its a player we needed for a position we needed but i agree the words STRENGTHEN from a posItion of STRENGTH has got to me Finally how would we feel if roles were reversed they had been chasing him for months, being told it was imminent and we come in and sign him you know the Nasri feeling Were on the wrong side of it this so some of us are miffed its football life goes on But please not forget as regards the club we are all on one side goodnight Jimbob

Worlds longest sentence. Did not read.

Who has blinkers on? This place is infested with cry babies just months after we shattered the league because of one failed signing and absolutely NO ONE knows how it went down. The awful takes around this place the last few days are getting to near Twitter levels.

Quality post.

Sorry but you seem to be quite deliberately missing the point.

You simply cannot compare the defensive help in midfield offered by Delph and Mendy tracking back, it's blindingly obvious there's a major difference. Also in each of Mendy's cameo appearances at the end of last season he got caught up the pitch - that's the kind of left back he is and - you can't be hitting the byline to cross and be offering defensive cover in midfield at the same time.

I completely agree (besides your first sentence) as all that is obvious .
Mendy was caught up the pitch when Fern was DM.
So again, it's not a problem of the combination Gundogan/Mendy but a general problem of Mendy. Which has to be solved.

Fern can't cover those holes alone as well as Jorginho. Maybe we can agree on that.

Its done and dusted. Just the timing.
He wont join Chelsea till Sarri is officially the manager and he wanted the guarantees in place (whatever they are - probably down to to Sarri's security of tenure as Chelsea manager).

Security of tenure - Lol best of luck with that. It's not really what Chelsea do is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.