Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a few hundred can be bothered to protest against the Saudi crown Prince and 250k protest against Trump. Have a read of Saudi Arabia's track record and then tell me Trumps America is worse! https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/middle-east-and-north-africa/saudi-arabia/
Trump’s America isn’t worse, it’s disceribly better. There, I’ve responded to your point.

Now, I’ve asked you a perfectly simple question, which invites an equally simple response. Do you enjoy being disrespected? Maybe you do; it honestly wouldn’t be the weirdest thing I’ve encountered.

Do you understand the question?

Yes you’ve done quite a lot of pouting on this thread.
I don't see what the problem is? I just pointed out the obvious hypocrisy or double standards of the majority of those demonstrating against Trump. Surprised that people just dont acknowledge it. But oh no all sorts of silly excuses are brought out to try and try and justify why he needs a bigger protest. I don't like the man, he is clearly an idiot. I will defend the rights of people to protest but I am not a protester myself but if I was that way inclined i would make sure I understood what I was protesting about and would target those that really did deserve my ire. Clearly the majority of those thousands of people yesterday have little idea of who the real criminal leaders are in the world.

Trump’s America isn’t worse, it’s disceribly better. There, I’ve responded to your point.

Now, I’ve asked you a perfectly simple question, which invites an equally simple response. Do you enjoy being disrespected? Maybe you do; it honestly wouldn’t be the weirdest thing I’ve encountered.

Do you understand the question?

It's strawman stuff, isn't it, avoiding the key difference.

Saudi Arabia has always been as it is, it's the law of their country. It clashes with (many of) our sensibilities, but China/Saudi Arabia pretend to be anything that they're not.

Trump however is trampling all over the image the US want to put forward, open and welcoming to all those huddled masses. Well, unless they're Muslim, Mexican, asylum seekers, poor. His Breitbart/Fox-driven mania (and whoever directs Fox to tell him what to do), his passing acquaintance with truth and fairness, all those things is why the protests are against Trump and not against the USA.

So why do we employ double standards.Some of the fookwits and despots invited to our country make Mr Trumps exploits pale into insignificance.Hope you enjoyed your visit and had a splendid afternoon tea with Her Majesty and so sorry for the outrageous behavior from some of our populace.

What a shit show that was.

Just a reminder that in just 3 days time he's going to a meeting with Putin for reasons no one knows why. Just day's after Mueller indicts Russian GRU operatives for influencing the election in his favour. His supporters just don't seem to care.

It's strawman stuff, isn't it, avoiding the key difference.

Saudi Arabia has always been as it is, it's the law of their country. It clashes with (many of) our sensibilities, but China/Saudi Arabia pretend to be anything that they're not.

Trump however is trampling all over the image the US want to put forward, open and welcoming to all those huddled masses. Well, unless they're Muslim, Mexican, asylum seekers, poor. His Breitbart/Fox-driven mania (and whoever directs Fox to tell him what to do), his passing acquaintance with truth and fairness, all those things is why the protests are against Trump and not against the USA.
There are distinctions, as well as the nuances you describe, but I’ll readily accept that the way that Saudi Arabia (in particular) orders its society is much more of an anathema to me than “Trump’s” America.

My point is that Trump, as a guest, has repeatedly shown disrespect to this country since he arrived a few days ago. How anyone with an ounce of self-respect can feel anything but contempt for a head of state who does that is a mystery to me; which inexorably draws me to the conclusion that he has none.

Sorry Gordon, was the question am I bothered about him disrespecting our country's leader Teresa May? Not in the slightest. Personally I can't stand the woman. But i wouldnt be bothered if he insulted any of our politicians if I'm honest.
The question was - do you enjoy being disrespected? (emphasis added)

Are you struggling to understand it? Shall I rephrase it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.