Who now then?...

Jorginho isn't great defensively anyway. He was an alternative option to Fernandinho, rather than a direct replacement.

thats my point....we need a driest replacement for fern - none of those you mention are. I wasn't overly excited by Jorginho anyway...but we still need someone as all those you mentioned are the right fit

IF we don't sign anyone we think is up to par, I wouldn't mind seeing one of our younger players given minutes in that position. Pre season will be good to see where they are in their development, esp Gomes we signed from PSG and Luiz from Girona.

IF we don't sign anyone we think is up to par, I wouldn't mind seeing one of our younger players given minutes in that position. Pre season will be good to see where they are in their development, esp Gomes we signed from PSG and Luiz from Girona.

Yep totally agreed

Kovacic is even shorter than Gundogan though and I just can’t see a great benefit in another light and short mid. Gundogan certainly has the passing range but probably needs to be a bit tougher in challenges to fit that role.

I’d certainly prefer to find a decent defensive mid with some height. Viera/Yaya were both around 1.9 m.

Not a lot of options though. Wouldn’t have minded Fabinho but certainly wouldn’t feed Pogba.

thats my point....we need a driest replacement for fern - none of those you mention are. I wasn't overly excited by Jorginho anyway...but we still need someone as all those you mentioned are the right fit

I recon we would have seen Jorginho playing alongside Fern in some games.

He wasn't Fernandinho's replacement imo & we would still probably have to find one eventually even if he'd signed. Jorginho would have allowed is to experiment with something different there. But I feel we will end up looking for a Fern type player irrespective, just because of the nature of the league.

And if v.a.r. comes in, we will have to win headers without too much blocking/ holding etc which would leave us heavily outnumbered without Fernandinho.

I'm ok with us not signing a DM if Gundogan is used as cover for Fernandinho but not if we're thinking of using Delph there. He does a job as a makeshift left back but as a midfielder he's nowhere near City quality.

I've sat back all summer and remained calm about the whole situation. I thought you know what... Pep isn't going to rest on his laurels, he's relentless, he will bring in exactly what is needed to this football club.

Six months later, Fred gone, Fabinho gone, Torreira gone and now Jorginho gone. Now we have no 3rd choice to pick from after Fred and Jorginho.

The way I see it is, Fernandinho is 33, Silva is 32, Gundogan is injury prone, Delph isn't good enough to hold down a regular place in central midfield and is better suited at left back and Foden is still only so so young. If Fernandinho and Gundogan get injured or suspended, who do we have to fall back on?

I completely understand we absolutely battered the league last season, but I don't think Fernandinho will be anywhere near as durable as last season. He's played in a World Cup, so has Gundogan, they haven't had the summer off like last year. We was missing that final piece of the puzzle and Jorginho was exactly that.

Now the issue I have now is, how naive City were into thinking this brief to the media by De Laurentis was bullshit. We were so naive throughout the transfer process. I completely understand us walking away from the deal, but its the fact we didn't have a clue what was going on through the latter stages, that's what bugs me.

Next season, we will need probably a new CB and a new CM, if Txixi thinks he can get top central midfielders for 40m without budging then he is very very naive. I just hope we have a different approach in the next summer transfer window and we slap the money down on the table, no fucking about. If someone brilliant comes along, we shouldn't refuse to get in a bidding war, we should be taking control of the bidding. If we don't want to get in bidding wars, we better get used to settle for 3rd choices because the very best players like Mbappe will always create bidding wars because they are so so good.

All I've been hearing is, "if the player doesn't wanna play for pep, fuck him". My response to that is, most players want to play for Pep, but if the money isn't right, you won't get the player, it's as simple as that. Money is the biggest motivator in football for any player and that is completely understandable.

I've sat back all summer and remained calm about the whole situation. I thought you know what... Pep isn't going to rest on his laurels, he's relentless, he will bring in exactly what is needed to this football club.

Six months later, Fred gone, Fabinho gone, Torreira gone and now Jorginho gone. Now we have no 3rd choice to pick from after Fred and Jorginho.

The way I see it is, Fernandinho is 33, Silva is 32, Gundogan is injury prone, Delph isn't good enough to hold down a regular place in central midfield and is better suited at left back and Foden is still only so so young. If Fernandinho and Gundogan get injured or suspended, who do we have to fall back on?

I completely understand we absolutely battered the league last season, but I don't think Fernandinho will be anywhere near as durable as last season. He's played in a World Cup, so has Gundogan, they haven't had the summer off like last year. We was missing that final piece of the puzzle and Jorginho was exactly that.

Now the issue I have now is, how naive City were into thinking this brief to the media by De Laurentis was bullshit. We were so naive throughout the transfer process. I completely understand us walking away from the deal, but its the fact we didn't have a clue what was going on through the latter stages, that's what bugs me.

Next season, we will need probably a new CB and a new CM, if Txixi thinks he can get top central midfielders for 40m without budging then he is very very naive. I just hope we have a different approach in the next summer transfer window and we slap the money down on the table, no fucking about. If someone brilliant comes along, we shouldn't refuse to get in a bidding war, we should be taking control of the bidding. If we don't want to get in bidding wars, we better get used to settle for 3rd choices because the very best players like Mbappe will always create bidding wars because they are so so good.

All I've been hearing is, "if the player doesn't wanna play for pep, fuck him". My response to that is, most players want to play for Pep, but if the money isn't right, you won't get the player, it's as simple as that. Money is the biggest motivator in football for any player and that is completely understandable.

top post that mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.