Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my opinion...

I believe Fern is vital to the way this team at and function and I strongly believe his replacement should be of a similar style. Energy and plenty of it. I believe the signing of this fella would of been a gamble, would it of worked as good as the fern type of player?

There are other options and I think a more energised midfielder would be a better option.

Like?

And that was always my issue with the Jorginho signing, does he really offer more physicality than Gundogan?
Neither of them have the physicality that Fern has.

To be honest I can't think of a defensive mid that is available that has the physical and technical capabilities that we need, certainly not to Fern's level.

Like somebody said earlier, Loftus Cheek would be a great shout if Chelsea don't want him, not a defensive mid but has the physical and technical capabilities. However, think he would affect Foden's progress.
Loftus Cheek would be a good Fernandinho understudy shout for me. I agree about Fernandinho. Fred has the physicality, but isn't as good technically. Jorginho is technically as good as Fern, but has nowhere near the physicality.

I always found it difficult to imagine Jorginho as a direct replacement. However, some players are just irreplaceable & clubs just have to look for an alternative option. That's how I viewed Jorginho/Fernandhino, however I think we'd have an easier time finding a Jorginho alternative than a Fernandinho alternative.

I hope City put the lid on the spinsabout him being bullied into the move to Chelsea. From what I understand napoli had already purchased jorghinios replacement prior to him leaving. So the shite about him geing told he would have to see out the last 2 years of his contract, if hr did not go to Chelsea is bullshit. He was the one in control with the desire for napoli to balance the books. Further he doesn't look to me very bullied in the images of him holding up a Chelsea shirt stood next to Sarri. Whether we we've been had or not. Time to move on.

Not surprised.

Yeah, he looks really unhappy being pushed towards Chelsea doesn't he?

We don't control the narrative, especially when Jorginho now does his own presser and basically pushes back and says he always preferred Chelsea and the chance to continue working with Sarri.

That picture has been taken at night, so was at latest yesterday?

Fern hasn't had a proper pre-season for three years and it isn't fair to keep relying on his engine, never mind injury or the number of cautions and suspensions he will pick up.

Gundogan doesn't have the legs or the desire to put out fires, which out brilliant Brazilian had practically been doing by himself for three years, thanks to that lazy bastard Toure.
Agreed. However some players just aren't that easy to replace with Fernandinho being a case in point. We can find players with his physicality, & there are players with his technical ability, but there are none currently available who can offer the full package he can.

I was asked about a Fernandinho alternative a few days ago & tbh I was stumped... Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.