Who now then?...

I think it would be a mistake not to bring DM and settle for just signing Mahrez. Dino is wonderful, but he has no proper backup and of course he is 33 years old.
By the way, I think we should have thought about David Silva's heir, but it's probably only next year. People here say that we won the championship by 20 points so our team is strong enough. There are two things to consider: The first thing is that our rivalry has become stronger. Liverpool, United, Chelsea. There will be tougher competition next year. The second thing is that even in the ability of last year we could not get far from quarter final of the Champions League, so we still have something to improve. Another DM is a must in my opinion

We can't go into the new season without another CM, that was the BIGGEST priority all summer.

I am thrilled about the Mahrez signing, but we have so many young players in his position, the key area was in central midfield where we have a few ageing players. We really need to energise and refresh that midfield and keep everyone on their toes.

Lobotka and Leandro Paredes would be two good candidates for me. As long as we get someone in who can push the first team players, I'm all for it. Sadly, I think that is an end to our summer business.

As for signing a DM, I have a feeling that, as he amazed us at LB, Delph could do more than a job there when needed.

Agree you don’t sign someone just to sign someone, but not bringing in another DM/CM is a colossal mistake for a team with ambitions such as ours.

A 50m+ signing looks incredibly unlikely but should still be pursued as hard as possible... If nothing else a decent DM needs to be brought in. Seri was signed for 25m, absolute pittance tbh. I don't care how bad he suffers from chillblains or whatever, he would have been worth a gamble for that amount of money.

I think a few posters are missing the reason why we were so interested in Jorginho. It wasn't for his defensive play, nor as a direct replacement for Fernandinho - he is similar to Alonso and has the ability to play longer passes to the width and pace we have already. This is considered important as many teams play deeper against us and it would have given us a different option to open teams up - with pace generated from quicker passes forward. It was evident that when Yaya played during the last three years our play slowed to a stop and this allows teams to be more organised. Gundogan will surprise a few this year and I'm expecting a different approach with Bernardo so all is not lost.

I guess the main issue is when we come across teams later in the CL and we need a general ala Alonso to dictate the pace of play. Only Kroos fits that bill to a T. As for Jorginho he's gone, and whereas I like Sari I hope that Chelsea lose their way especially after the way they treated a manager who had a 53% win percentage. That's for them to deal with. As I always say we'll be fine and who knows someone may just come to the party from within, or by transfer a player whom none of us have even considered. I trust Pep to not let us sit on the glories of last year.

I’ve concluded after an eight minute highlight reel that Mario Lemina would be perfect for the job. Coming for Txiki’s job, me

Think getting a midfield in is essential rotate with Fernan and a quality one at that. We have been here before not getting our key target and either not signing someone or getting someone not good enough, leads to a poor season and a drop off. Need to keep everyone on their toes.

We can't go into the new season without another CM, that was the BIGGEST priority all summer.

I am thrilled about the Mahrez signing, but we have so many young players in his position, the key area was in central midfield where we have a few ageing players. We really need to energise and refresh that midfield and keep everyone on their toes.

Lobotka and Leandro Paredes would be two good candidates for me. As long as we get someone in who can push the first team players, I'm all for it. Sadly, I think that is an end to our summer business.
Paredes is a great shout actually.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.