Nine years ago today....

I agree with you mate, for 2 seasons he was absolutely awesome, had everything.
He would walk into this current team, he’d be Peps dream

Can't see it, in terms of pressing absolutely right up Pep's street but in possession I don't believe he'd do what Pep asks of him, too much of a maverick.

Who was the poster who posted a pic of him and his bird underneath the poster, and the rags photoshopped themselves fondling her?

Me and my mate had been driving to the ground every day hoping we would be there when he arrived. In the end it happened while we were in magaluf. We were still buzzing though. Such an exciting time.

Ahhh I'd love to be 17 again. It was a fun age, not a care in the world, free to do fan boy stuff like this.

Was such a shame when he acted the twat, plus also getting fat and unfit. Same as Yaya.

Was such a shame when he acted the twat, plus also getting fat and unfit. Same as Yaya.
Yep; it didn't end well for us, or him. But he played his part, particularly when he came back in the spring of 2012. That hat trick (and the golf swing celebration) at Norwich stick in my mind.

Yep; it didn't end well for us, or him. But he played his part, particularly when he came back in the spring of 2012. That hat trick (and the golf swing celebration) at Norwich stick in my mind.
That’s why they will never be held in the same regard as Merlin, Sergio, Zabba, Vinny etc.

Was ''our Cantona'' - the catalyst for the rest of the club, the inspiration.
Was captain when we won the Cup in 2011 and brought that banner to the skip.
Regardless of what came after, he remains (on the pitch) one of City's greatest (certainly top ten) players.

Was ''our Cantona'' - the catalyst for the rest of the club, the inspiration.
Was captain when we won the Cup in 2011 and brought that banner to the skip.
Regardless of what came after, he remains (on the pitch) one of City's greatest (certainly top ten) players.
Yep, and the RIP Fergie during the open top bus parade.

His signing meant so much more locally, really put a swagger in my step with rag mates, pissed them off as much as a defeat against us I reckon, the shifting of power was starting to happen and there was nothing they could do to stop it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.