Who now then?...

Delph and Gundogan can do the job! Has Delphs contract ran out? Thought last season was his last year of his contract.
At the end of last season, I believe it had 2 years to run. Think he’s been given a one year extension, by the club, since then (well deserved too)

Are we satisfied that we walked away?

Is Pep content or happy that we walked away?

Did we call ADL's bluff and imagine that maybe he would make good his threat, knowing the kind of person he is?

Did we have a plan B lined up in case things happened in the same manner as the scenario I painted in the previous question?

If a game changer, an Mbappe became available and we had the money to deal but our valuation of the player was not quite what was being demanded (not by a stretch though), would we pay up or stick to our guns?

Surely Weigl is worth a punt now. Pep would work wonders with him, his appeal and price might be down due to a disappointing season last season and he is the most "Busquets" style player that isn't named Busquets going around. A lot of German players are wary of coming to England though. Maybe we already tried and didn't get anywhere, but if we haven't already sounded him out we should be. Still so young and so much potential for

He’s been linked with Real Madrid over the last month

With Italian clubs in general i wait to see the money in the bank or the player in the shirt.

As for the player/deal. i am happy we walked away. We have built up a strong squad already and that protects us against piss takers a fair bit. With that i mean they will see we are not desperate anywhere so can't be held at gunpoint these days. Italian clubs are notorious for it so i can see this happening regularly with them.

I think we will beat everyone pretty well come the end of the season so anyone able to give utd hassle is not unwelcome, Jorginho will no doubt be an asset to Chelsea's attempt to get back in the mix.

It’s not a huge mistake if we don’t sign someone at DM. The bigger mistake is forcing it and buying an inadequate player. Stand pat and reevaluate in January.

... or pay over the odds for NDombele ... which is a long shot.

My question is , what the fuck have we been doing? Arseing around while Fabinho , Fred, Jorginho, Torriera etc were all available and we are fucking around trying to prove a point of not paying 10m more... that 10m more could be the difference between champions and 2nd place
Let's not overstate, we didn't show deep interest in either Fabihno or Torreira. Some Fans liked them (me included), but there were not long term interedts

It’s not a huge mistake if we don’t sign someone at DM. The bigger mistake is forcing it and buying an inadequate player. Stand pat and reevaluate in January.

... or pay over the odds for NDombele ... which is a long shot.
Agreed. Although since I preferred Ndombele and DeJong all along, I'd say a purchase.... Never mind...Stand Pat :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.