Bloody excited!

I think our main lads will just have a couple of weeks off and then be back to be honest. De Bruyne, kompany, Stones etc will want to start the season right with us imo

Community Shield probably needs writing off with the long list of players we'll be missing, while Chelsea won't have Giroud, Hazard or Courtois among others.

For the Arsenal game we should be targeting at least a point. Can see that one being another 2-2.

We then have six games that look winnable on paper, fifteen points from eighteen should be enough to see us atop the league going into the game at Anfield. It won't be easy but we can retain the title. I expect Mahrez to be crucial early on as Sterling recovers from the World Cup.

Just Mahrez is insufficient. One more signing minimum. It’ll be tougher.

Community Shield probably needs writing off with the long list of players we'll be missing, while Chelsea won't have Giroud, Hazard or Courtois among others.

For the Arsenal game we should be targeting at least a point. Can see that one being another 2-2.

We then have six games that look winnable on paper, fifteen points from eighteen should be enough to see us atop the league going into the game at Anfield. It won't be easy but we can retain the title. I expect Mahrez to be crucial early on as Sterling recovers from the World Cup.

Chelsea are 14/5 to win in 90 mins.

I think we'll turn up in these first 2 games and make a statement to everyone else.

Thank goodness for the upbeat tone of this thread. When I read some of the comments about our failure to land Jorginho and the unlikelihood of our signing a viable alternative, I’m shocked by the negativity and pessimism shown by some fans. I do think, however, that we may have to accept a slow start to our season but am confident that by mid-September we’ll be motoring.

Thank goodness for the upbeat tone of this thread. When I read some of the comments about our failure to land Jorginho and the unlikelihood of our signing a viable alternative, I’m shocked by the negativity and pessimism shown by some fans. I do think, however, that we may have to accept a slow start to our season but am confident that by mid-September we’ll be motoring.

We didn’t improve in 12/13 or 14/15. No title retained.

Silva isn’t getting any younger and neither is Fernandinho. Delph and Gundogan both injury prone.

Do you honestly believe in your heart that Pep is happy with just Mahrez? I note Real Madrid didn’t line him up to replace Ronaldo. Sterling starts over Mahrez for me.

Silva isn’t getting any younger and neither is Fernandinho. Delph and Gundogan both injury prone.

Do you honestly believe in your heart that Pep is happy with just Mahrez? I note Real Madrid didn’t line him up to replace Ronaldo. Sterling starts over Mahrez for me.

Please see my original thread for thoughts on improvement. We have no idea what Pep feels. Silva was superb last season. Bernardo and Laporte and Mendy will all be stronger.

A big black cloud has just descended again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.