World Cup 2018 | 14th July | Third Place: Belgium vs England, KO 15:00 (BST)

They're still young and a lot to learn. Most of this team wont hit their peak for 4 years. Compared to the Germans, Argies, Portuguese, Spanish and even in their prime Belgians (they will be pissed off) we weren't so bad

The only thing that was annoying is we started with the long ball when the going got tough

Basic passing of the football, should be a minimum pre-requisite of a professional footballer. Age is no excuse.
Anyway, I thought we did alright, considering our limitations.

Say what you like about him. He’s England’s best player by a county mile and will be collecting the top scorer at the World Cup. Amazing striker.

He is far from being England's best player. And for being top scorer Pens and a deflected shot he knew nothing about isn't really anything to write home about is it?

I don't think Southgate deserves the huge swathes of praise that he's been getting. He's tactically inept, and has no clue how to change a game. We've relied on set pieces all tournament and haven't fashioned any chances from open play.

He is far from being England's best player. And for being top scorer Pens and a deflected shot he knew nothing about isn't really anything to write home about is it?

When Aguero was Prem top scorer few seasons would it be fair to scrutinise each of his goals ? Corse it’s a f*cking achievement being the top scorer at a World Cup! It doesn’t get much better than that for an individual footballer.
Just typical English mentality, we’re lucky to have an amazing striker on our shores but we put him down ‘what else does he do’ , ‘but he’s goals weren’t very good’ it’s depressing. Probably more to do with tribal posistion as a fan. He’s proven in the Prem over last few years as one of the very best strikers. Fair play to him

I don't think Southgate deserves the huge swathes of praise that he's been getting. He's tactically inept, and has no clue how to change a game. We've relied on set pieces all tournament and haven't fashioned any chances from open play.

Yes and no. Rome wasn't built in a day and he has done well with what he has. We are starting to play out from the back and pass it better but we lack quality in midfield and up front. To get the team most thought would be on the first plane home to our first semi final in 28 years deserves credit. With a little more luck and composure in front of goal it could have been the final too. Small steps but we are looking better than in a long time.

When Aguero was Prem top scorer few seasons would it be fair to scrutinise each of his goals ? Corse it’s a f*cking achievement being the top scorer at a World Cup! It doesn’t get much better than that for an individual footballer.
Just typical English mentality, we’re lucky to have an amazing striker on our shores but we put him down ‘what else does he do’ , ‘but he’s goals weren’t very good’ it’s depressing. Probably more to do with tribal posistion as a fan. He’s proven in the Prem over last few years as one of the very best strikers. Fair play to him

Please tell me why you personally think he was England's best player i.e. what he brought to the team

Why do you think that?

When Sterling tried to go round the keeper against Sweden, the keeper stopped him.

He then had the opportunity to square it to Kane but chose to shoot instead...and missed.

So your basically telling me that if sterling was in kanes position in that exact moment, he wouldnt of squared the ball ? I dont believe that for a second. This was the semi final of a world cup, when we could have gone 2-0 up at the break.

In my eyes, and a hell of alot of other people i have spoken to this weekend thought the same thing ( non city supporters as well ).

Yeah he scores ...but when he doesn't he really doesn't contribute much to his team.
As I say take away his penalties from the tournament and he's only got 3 goals and in the last few games he was fucking anonymous.
Good goal scorer but definitely not a team player.

One of those hit him and rebounded in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.