2018/19 Predictions

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are all the resident fanny-wipers fretting about our need to strengthen like we failed to do in 2012? Presumably they’ll be tipping someone else for the title. I await their valuable input.
Count me among the fanny wipers! :-)

In contrast to 2012 I think we'll win the league even if we don't sign anyone else beyond Mahrez. We're by far better equipped to win the P/L than any other rival - so far ahead, that one window won't create a contender - IMO.

But our goal isn't simply to win the P/L - it's to win the C/L - and in that competition, we have rivals that are at least as good as we are.

In a knockout stage tournament - if your chance of advancing is simply 50-50 - well, after a few such matches you're 1/4 or worse of winning the thing. If possible, you really want to far better than the opposition in a knockout - and this is why I think we need to strengthen.

Count me among the fanny wipers! :-)

In contrast to 2012 I think we'll win the league even if we don't sign anyone else beyond Mahrez. We're by far better equipped to win the P/L than any other rival - so far ahead, that one window won't create a contender - IMO.

But our goal isn't simply to win the P/L - it's to win the C/L - and in that competition, we have rivals that are at least as good as we are.

In a knockout stage tournament - if your chance of advancing is simply 50-50 - well, after a few such matches you're 1/4 or worse of winning the thing. If possible, you really want to far better than the opposition in a knockout - and this is why I think we need to strengthen.
You make a fair point and we could probably do with a defensive midfielder, but we’ve still got a good chance of the CL without recruiting anyone else, given the age of our squad. People sometimes forget we recruited plenty of players in the summer of 2012, we just recruited poorly, but who’s to say if we’d have bought the players those posters coveted it would have worked out any better, long term, or even that those players wanted to come here. It’s a lazy, largely irrelevant argument imo. They are simply saying we should recruit as best we can each summer, which is hardly a stroke if inspirational genius.

Here’s a prediction for you: I predict Fabian Delph will make City’s left back spot his own even with Mendy fit

Premier League Winner: City

Remaining Top 4: Liverpool, Tottenham, West Ham

Relegation: Cardiff, Huddersfield, Fulham

FA Cup: United

League Cup: City

Champions League: City

Europa: arsenal

Last edited:
No mate, best transfer window and best pre season. Can't let the scum keep winning them every season.
Agreed, we can't be considered a great team until we've won the International Champions Cup.

Premier League City
Top 4 Dippers Wolves WHU
Down Cardiff ,Fulham, Watford
FACup City
League Cup WHU
CL City
Europa Arses.

Premier League Winner: City

Remaining Top 4: Liverpool, Tottenham, West Ham

Relegation: Cardiff, Huddersfield, Fulham

FA Cup: United

League Cup: City

Champions League: City

Europa: arsenal

West Ham top four? That's a bit left field. Think they'll do well but not that well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.