Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Danny Kelly on TS just blamed Raheem for Kane's poor form.
The caller rang about Southgate but it turned into a call about Sterling...

So putting it on a plate for kane is not enough or being in the right position for a tap in if kane wasn't a selfish twat is not good enough,christ sake

Doesn’t surprise me this in the slightest,people going on about sterling being picked on because he left Liverpool as one of the reasons for the shit he gets,I’m starting to come to the conclusion it’s also because of the colour of his skin and throw in the anti city slant as well..

Kane has been criticised a lot in recent games eg Hoddle has been very criticial and repeatedly suggested he might be carrying an injury.

Sterling was poor against Belgium. We now have to get him back to where he was for City. On the plus side Stones had an outstanding World Cup and emerged as one of the tournaments best defenders.

Different levels to it. Sterling can make one error and he's had a terrible game, this is what I was attempting to highlight. I can't stand seeing the fickle fan attitude seep it's way into those who analyse the game, it's lazy and odd for them to do as you'd expect them to understand the intangibles that go into the game.

Different levels to it. Sterling can make one error and he's had a terrible game, this is what I was attempting to highlight. I can't stand seeing the fickle fan attitude seep it's way into those who analyse the game, it's lazy and odd for them to do as you'd expect them to understand the intangibles that go into the game.
Spot on,and especially coming from ex players who should know better ..

The only reason Maureen is jumping in is because he’s using Raz as an excuse for the reason he let Kevin go; it had nothing to do with the fact that he didn’t recognise his talent, did it?

How ironic that the media/baying masses were all screaming for Raz to be dropped in favour for Rashford - the player he dropped.

As for Raz, I do worry for the lad. It’s all very well us saying he is mentally strong and he just ignores the constant criticism. No matter what he says publicly, it must take it’s toll in private.

The constant bullying - and that’s what it is - which has gone on for three years now, will most likely ramp up again now that the tournament is over for England. As soon as he starts performing at City there’ll be comparisons but these won’t be dealt with fairly i.e. that he’s playing with far superior players with us than with England and therefore has better opportunities to score.

I find it laughable that the media highlight mental issues and the need for understanding and help to be given to people who need it; there was even a story line on this in Coronation Street about depression and how people are unaware that someone may have it.

I have no idea what Raz’s mental state is so I assume nothing. However, I think the media and all who contribute to the drip,drip negativity in their opinions/articles about him need to take a long hard look at how their behaviour might be affecting him long term.

Yes good post.
A lot of the time I was wanting GS to drop Raz to the bench so he was out of the limelight.
I worry about the lads mental state and I expect that there will be much booing of him on City's away games this coming season, similar to what was done to Beckham all those years ago.
Young men can suffer a lot with excessive anxiety under 'normal' circumstances, I cant imagine the stress he must feel when it seems like the world thinks your crap at what you do and ridicules you for it.

Raheem was very poor against Belgium and deserved the hook at halftime , but Vardy must be pissed off , he is a far better player than the Rag Golden Boy , but Vardy never gets a sniff of a chance. The BBC ratings have Raheem as the third worst player for England , at least that will placate their Rag/Dipper licence fee payers , even Terence Trent Darby was rated better than Sterling for his one forgetful performance at full back against Belgium .
If i was in Sterling's boots i woud be telling Southgate i am jacking in playing for England , because no matter what i do , the England supporters hate me ,and the media and pundits take the piss out of me , would rather concentrate on my club career where i am appreciated for my efforts by the supporters. He is going to get booed at every away game next season anyway , he may as well make it worth their while and refuse to play for his country.

Apart from Belgium game 2, he had a solid tournament. People that watch what he brings to the team and how he opens things up for others to come into the game eg Kane etc clearly understand this. Maureen knows this but he's just a cu"t getting attention for himself and having a cheap shot at one of our players.
The question should be, not whether Sterling is good enough for England, but whether Maureen after spending 100's of millions in return for peanuts is good enough for the RAGS.
Maybe they deserve each other.

Not sure if posted but the Daily Fail have run a story about Moureen having a go at Sterling for having a poor World Cup.

Shithouses!

It's just mindgames from him to unsettle one of our key players who rescued lots of points in crucial situations. He should rather concentrate on Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs etc. as those are the teams he would be competing against.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.