4k uhd tv's with hdr

Evening...our 11 year old Samsung tv gave up the ghost today so in the hunt for a new TV...was just wondering are these 4k uhd tv's all that they are cracked up to be...got a budget of around £650 ish...had a quick browse threw the general outlets and see you seem to get a lot of TV for your money for a hisense..anyone got one and what are your general thoughts
Just a pointer, think the 20% off ebay thing is on at the moment.

I have an LG OLED B6, 65" - got it a year ago in a 50% sale. Stunning really, the jump to this reminds of me when HD televisions first caught my eye while watching Planet Earth

Reminiscent of when there were concerns about 720p vs 1080p, wasn't certain 4k was going to be useful but I'm really impressed with both HD & UHD/4K content. Plus, the Smart TV OS for LG trumps Android, for me

I have Hisense 4k tv which I have setup correctly as TC recommends eliminating all its addons from picture quality. Not yet calibrated it but its ability to upscale HD or whatever else it receives is quite impressive, at least as good as upscaling via my android box.
HDR brings a new dimension in terms of the need for new standards but its capabilities depend on the source being transmitted in HDR ie it will not upscale like say 1 K to 4K, so not much out there yet to compare.
To repeat, it is important to set up your tv to suit where and how you view please visit the av forum for tv,s re how to do this.

I've been looking for a new telly since the 104 goal bet came in and the bloke at Curry's recommended LG. 43" is as big as I want and I've got my eye on this at £579 from John Lewis as you get a five year guarantee
Is there anything out there better for the same sort of money?

https://www.johnlewis.com/lg-43uk67...play-freesat-hd-crescent-stand-black/p3493667
Same TV for considerably less mate. You owe me a pint; )

http://www.grooves-inc.co.uk/43uk67...EXGxm5UN0NzeODprCY7hV1OEyqfIHHDBoCZwIQAvD_BwE

£650 for a telly that'll be out of date a month after you get it?
Bought my Samsung tv 6 years ago and its still a fantastic picture today. £600 well spent considering how much we use it. Just vecause its not the latest tech doesn't mean it isnt still a good bit of kit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.