Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt it. He's 4th choice Left Back and about 6th choice for the free 8.

LB - Mendy, Delph, Danilo, Zinchenko
CM - KDB, David, Bernardo, Gundogan, Foden, Zinchenko?

Doesn't provide us with any depth we particularly need or cover the position we were looking at filling.

If anything I think we're stalling on this because there are now 3 clubs interested and we might be able to drive the fee up.
Doesnt matter we are short on numbers so he wont be sold as window shuts on 8th august ..

Doesnt matter we are short on numbers so he wont be sold as window shuts on 8th august ..
Why? If he isn't going to get minutes, he is actually 5th choice lb as laporte is able to play there and maybe behind Diaz and gomes (if the hype is to be believed) at cm. I'm sure pep would be happy for the lad to go and build a career rather then sit in our reserves. I think he is a good player and would be happy if he stays but he needs game time at this stage of his career. If he stays I hope pep plays him hate it when players waste their careers at big clubs and are never given a chance hopefully missing out on jorginho will open the door for him and foden to get more minutes.

This thread reminds me of the Delph one last year. Assuming he stays around whats the odd on him becoming next seasons Delph, him being converted into some deep lying playmaker. Yes he doesnt have pace but he can pick a pass and from an attacking point of view his link up play is very good. Worth a shot and preseason is the time to try it out.

That would be hilariously stupid. We could cash in on a 16 million pound asset or we could keep a kid we have no intention of playing just because we have a squad place?

Poor bloke should given a pat on the back and sold ASAP so he can continue to develop in his natural position, not hang around here just in case we have two injuries, a suspension and a case of the shits so he can finally make the 11.

Only way he doesn't leave for me is if he pulls a Delph / Mangala and turns the move down.

I think the hold up in this move is down to the deal for Jorginho falling through. I suspect the plan was for Mendy to play LB with Delph as his back up.

As we failed to land Jorgino then I suspect Delph is being considered for the DM role, if so then we have no cover at LB.

I think the hold up in this move is down to the deal for Jorginho falling through. I suspect the plan was for Mendy to play LB with Delph as his back up.

As we failed to land Jorgino then I suspect Delph is being considered for the DM role, if so then we have no cover at LB.

Delph can provide cover for both LB and DM; especially as the first choice players for those roles would be expected to play more games in their respective roles. However, we still have the place in the squad vacated by Toure and it looks like Pep wanted to add a regista style player, which Delph is not but maybe Zinchenko could be. Zin appears to have the ability to hit a ball long without too much effort, which means he might be able to do so with high levels of accuracy. Only way to find out is to try him out.

Delph can provide cover for both LB and DM; especially as the first choice players for those roles would be expected to play more games in their respective roles. However, we still have the place in the squad vacated by Toure and it looks like Pep wanted to add a regista style player, which Delph is not but maybe Zinchenko could be. Zin appears to have the ability to hit a ball long without too much effort, which means he might be able to do so with high levels of accuracy. Only way to find out is to try him out.
I assumed Yaya’s spot was taken by Mahrez?

I thought Pep wanted an additional forward with Mahrez being an alternative to Sanchez who never got added...

Yeah pep said he wanted a replacement for Yaya and someone else up top which was obviously mahrez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.