The season after winning the PL

Who said lots? Not me feel free to read the first post instead of making things up. I don't want us to buy for the sake of it, buy where is needed, we have no one else who can do what Fernandinho does, is it a smart move relying on a 33 year old to play so many games? I imagine when we do bring another face or two in then you will say clearly Pep thought different to yourself and you was incorrect? You have had to go back ten years to show the last team retaining a title, could it be that the lack of strengthening after winning it for each team has been a problem since...............

You have to go back 10 years to show the last time a team retained the title and 120 years to find a team that was as dominant as us. It's been 10 years since we had a genuinely great side in this country, that's why no one has defended it.

We have plenty of options in that #6 position and while I'd quite like another if someone exceptional becomes available, I'm sure we could start the season as is and win it again.

Who said lots? Not me feel free to read the first post instead of making things up. I don't want us to buy for the sake of it, buy where is needed, we have no one else who can do what Fernandinho does, is it a smart move relying on a 33 year old to play so many games? I imagine when we do bring another face or two in then you will say clearly Pep thought different to yourself and you was incorrect? You have had to go back ten years to show the last team retaining a title, could it be that the lack of strengthening after winning it for each team has been a problem since...............

I think that as we dominate possession so much against the lesser teams, we can afford to go into this season with Fern as our number one in that position and rotate him with Delph and Gundogan
Our squad is by far and away the strongest in the league, relatively young and unlike last season it's settled. At the start of last we had new, a keeper, three fullbacks and a midfielder all to bed in

It's not down to squad strength but mentality

To an extent the two are related because new signings attack complacency and introduce an edge to the team.

City don't have a perfect squad, and the weakest area appears to be cover for Fernandinho but I think we will find a way to deal with it.

I am much more concerned about the mental approach of the players to the season. That is the entire key to our season. There's no way of reading it until the season starts. It's down to the players personalities. They can talk a good game, but we wont know until the season kicks off.

I think that as we dominate possession so much against the lesser teams, we can afford to go into this season with Fern as our number one in that position and rotate him with Delph and Gundogan
Our squad is by far and away the strongest in the league, relatively young and unlike last season it's settled. At the start of last we had new, a keeper, three fullbacks and a midfielder all to bed in
The advantage we have over previous seasons is Guardiola. He's been in this situation before and managed it successfully. We also have players like Kompany, Aguero and Silva who are older and experienced. They will not want to let a season slip through their fingers.

You have to go back 10 years to show the last time a team retained the title and 120 years to find a team that was as dominant as us. It's been 10 years since we had a genuinely great side in this country, that's why no one has defended it.

We have plenty of options in that #6 position and while I'd quite like another if someone exceptional becomes available, I'm sure we could start the season as is and win it again.
Conte's side was very good. They got 93 points. Did they collapse because of the Champions syndrome or because the coach fell out with half his big name players.

It's undoubtedly true that part of being considered a truly great side is having the mentality to just go again and not let the win damage your stride but a title win has affected the fighting quality of most title winners.

There were plenty of comments last season from rival fans that City would not be considered a great side until they had won back to back title wins. This I believe is true. That is a test of a team's quality and its mentality. we proved we have the quality last season, now we have to show the right character. No one can know for sure how we will do and whether we will pass or fail.

I'm not sure people are quite aware of the extra impetus and quality Mahrez will bring to our squad.Hes a brilliant signing that will offer us another dimension and keep our momentum going.I suspect we will sign more yet,but i have no worries if not.
That notwithstanding, I'd still be worried if we dontd sign anyone else.

We don't really know why we fail to achieve the year after we won. But what we know is that we had few Major signing both times.

Mahrez is a great start but 1 or 2 more improvements will go some way to help shore up that possible error.

Conte's side was very good. They got 93 points. Did they collapse because of the Champions syndrome or because the coach fell out with half his big name players.

It's undoubtedly true that part of being considered a truly great side is having the mentality to just go again and not let the win damage your stride but a title win has affected the fighting quality of most title winners.

There were plenty of comments last season from rival fans that City would not be considered a great side until they had won back to back title wins. This I believe is true. That is a test of a team's quality and its mentality. we proved we have the quality last season, now we have to show the right character. No one can know for sure how we will do and whether we will pass or fail.

I think it's pretty obvious that Chelsea's side fell apart because Conte wanted to leave literally from day 1 - turning up in a tracksuit at Burnley, telling the media he wasn't the manager just a lowly coach, saying it was up to the club to see if he'd stay for the season or not.

I think it's pretty obvious that Chelsea's side fell apart because Conte wanted to leave literally from day 1 - turning up in a tracksuit at Burnley, telling the media he wasn't the manager just a lowly coach, saying it was up to the club to see if he'd stay for the season or not.

European football made a difference...They needed strenghening last summer

Probably the reason Conte fell out with people at Cfc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.